PDA

View Full Version : 88 se wont start

spiningtriangles
07-16-2005, 01:59 AM
My friend and I had started the car and let it run but when i reved it up there was a poping sound coming from the tailpipe. I turned the car off and we put the air pump belt on cause it didnt have one. And then we went to start the car and it wouldnt start it would turn over but wouldnt start. We tried taking the belt back off and then trying again but still wouldnt start. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks

black rocket
07-16-2005, 03:29 AM
Did you unflood it? If so, you'll need to ck your injector and correct that problem.

my1stfc
07-16-2005, 08:39 AM
when i first got my 87 se i had a problem with the exhaust popping when i let off the throttle, between gears, etc. i agree with rocket about the flooding as far as the not starting issue is concerned but as far as the popping exhaust goes, check your egr valve. mine wasn't functioning properly and ended up being the reason for the backfiring/popping in my exhaust.

biggmike1866
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
try pulling the injectors and shotting some atf down under them this help relube the seals it wont fuck up anything it will smoke for a while about 20 mins but i had to do it with my 88 se when i got