PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

1rotor
07-25-2005, 04:27 PM
I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dee, and i am from Richmond,VA. i bought my 85 RX-7 about 8 months ago(my 1st rotry ever) and justy got it running like 3 weeks ago. I am asbout to drop a new (to me) 12a in her, seeing as how right now im running on only one rotor...
I am new to rotarys ad have no ide ahow to go about making my car faster. I would prefer to stay NA so any suggestions you guys have for squeezing as much power as possible out of the 12a would be greatly apperisated.

black rocket
07-25-2005, 06:52 PM
There are lots of options...fuel, intake, exhaust, port mods would make your 12A go ZOOM ZOOM... :)

Sharky from Australia has his 12a up to neary 800 ponies...and again, he dumped over $70K into it.

1rotor
07-26-2005, 04:30 PM
How much of that power could i have and stil be street legal? Also I am looking into buying a 2nd gen. Which would be better to use as a drift car??

black rocket
07-27-2005, 06:17 AM
VA is probably like CA... What's not street legal?

I wish I can help you with drift...I don't so, I won't try.

1rotor
07-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Stupid question now that i think about it. Anything not stock or comprable to stock is illegal here. Lemme rephrase the question.. How much power do you think i can get away with before cops start pulling me for fun? Oh yeah just to let you noww the kind of budget im working with... I work in a Mc'donalds drive thru....

TII
03-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Well as a drift car i find the FC chassis is more suited to slide, but the SA/FB can slide as well just takes a different style. Its all about driver skill so driver preference falls into that equasion as well.

To make a 12a fast there is not a hell of alot you can do. Different carb, intake and exhaust are basicly the bolt on parts you can get away with. Dual dizzy's will help with response but there is not alot you can do for little cash to make it fast.
But then again there not made to go balls out fast in a stright, there made to rip the corners apart and do the trick well :D