PDA

View Full Version : Hondas

Jeremy
04-23-2004, 06:55 AM
Well since no one has started to really say anything in this section, I might as well throw down some good information about a nice upgrade for honda engines.

If you are going to work on an integra or some other honda with a b-series engine, it would be a good idea to check this out if you decide to run with high boost. Stock honda engine blocks, are extremely sweet and easily upgraded, but, if you are going for a high boost, high horsepower application like a drag car, I would recommend getting a dart block for your honda... these things are awesome. They increase the strenght, cooling, and many other features that help with high horsepower/boost used in drag strip applications, and they aren't really that expensive either. Well enough bullshit, heres a site:

http://www.flatlanderracing.com/dartblocks_honda.html

if you have any questions, just drop them here, I'll do my best to give you some info about it.

Shaggy
04-23-2004, 06:59 AM
So is this what ya got...a honda???

AusTexRex
04-23-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm still making sure I'm not seeing things. You're posting Honda mods on an RX7 website? Blasphemy!

Jeremy
04-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Nah, I don't own a honda at the moment, I had one, but I rolled it six times on a back road.... pssht. Right now I have a '90 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo II, I've always wanted one, recking a honda just gave me the insurance money to do it.

Shaggy
04-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Nice way to get some extra cash.. :lol:

How good of a condition is your RX7??

AusTexRex
04-24-2004, 05:00 AM
Nice way to get some extra cash.. :lol:

I agree, I wish everytime I wrecked a Honda I got money... I'd get my bat and go wild.

Jeremy
04-24-2004, 05:07 AM
My rx-7 is in pretty good condition, engine has just been rebuilt, only has 30k on it. The paint is faded, but orginal, I'm going to be adding a body kit (demon) and repainting it soon, probably going to drop a grand or so into the suspension aswell.

Shaggy
04-24-2004, 06:56 AM
Anything special under the hood?? And what color are you wanting to paint it... :D

Jeremy
04-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Right now there is nothing special under the hood, I haven't put any money into it because I'm looking to do up my suspension first.. I have a paticular order I like to follow when hooking up a car. It goes like: Suspension, Cooling, high horsepower application. But with the over all condition the car is in, it wasn't a bad deal for $2,500, considering the guy was the orginal owner and all.

Jeremy
04-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm painting it Blue with silver metal flake in it... give it that sparkle.. to go with whatever white rims I decide to put on it. I'll put some pics on here of my car before and after I start doing major work to it.
[/img]

Shaggy
04-24-2004, 07:11 PM
What wheels?? Are you sure you want to do that?? :D

AusTexRex
04-25-2004, 01:58 AM
"Suspension: cooling: horspower."
Not a bad order. Although I like to do it this way

1. Cooling/Other reliability things (all hoses replaces, stainless brake and fuel lines everything supportive basically.) Guages are a must
2. Exhaust
3. Intake (if you don't do it in that order you can pop and apex seal pretty easily.
4. Engine Control Unit
5. High HP Applications: (injectors, FMIC, turbo)
6. Suspension (Don't really need it until you have more HP I think)
7. Wheels. About 16"s up front 17"s in the back with wider tires in the back. Just be sure to keep a fair amount of sidewall. Having huge rims looks cool but it CAN kill you/your car. Sidewalls are there for a reason, not to just be ugly. They need to flex throughout turning and drag racing.
8. Stereo and interior stuff
9. Bodykit and paintjob and a new reverse hood scoop over the FMIC for better flow.

Go > Show
Nothing like seeing a primered rx7 smoke a tripped out Honda.

Shaggy
04-25-2004, 06:18 AM
Nice order. Your right about the primered RX...paint or not paint, it can still race.. :D

Jeremy
04-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Do either of you know where I can get a nice condition '93 Rx-7 twin turbo with a blown engine or no engine at all?

Shaggy
04-25-2004, 09:23 PM
What....why are you looking for anothe one?

Jeremy
04-25-2004, 09:39 PM
*shrug* It's easier to find mods for the third generations, and shit, rather then the second gens, I dunno, I've been threw three second generations lately.... Rich kids around here keep offering insane cash for the rx-7's I'm getting, so I keep selling them, I can't keep my hands on them... I've got about $14,500 cash in my bank right now from buying/selling these damn things.

Shaggy
04-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Nice...so does that mean you sold the one you were getting??

Jeremy
04-26-2004, 01:17 AM
Yeah I had a really fast rx-7, '90 turbo II, I had it for a week, and some rich bitch up here offered me 11k cash for it... cause I whipped his daddys cobra with it... lol, The Rx-7 was pretty pimp, but gutted interior, headers, garret turbo, hurley 3mm apex seals, aftermarket intercooler/radiator, uhh, lots of different shit I can't think of off the top of my head, it was nice though... but, I paid $2k for it, and got offered $11k... who would pass that up?

AusTexRex
04-26-2004, 04:01 AM
Headers and a turbo ?

Jeremy
04-26-2004, 08:28 PM
It had more then headers and a turbo in it... must I list off everything that was in it?

2ROTORMOTOR
04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
so you never registered the black rx7??? how where you able to sell it so fast ?

Shaggy
04-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Well, I was wonderin the same thing....did Jer sell the 90 rx or does he still have it? I know he had others that he sold, but not sure if you sold his newest one? ;)

AusTexRex
04-27-2004, 03:03 AM
It had more then headers and a turbo in it... must I list off everything that was in it?
I was commenting that headers and a turbo would be a turbocharged 13B N/A engine. I think you mean exhaust manifold. I was just a little confused.

Jeremy
04-28-2004, 02:44 AM
yes I did sell my most recent one... I can't seem to keep my hands on them. I'm trying to find a third generation for sale now, like just a body without an engine, or blown engine, so that way I can get it for cheap, and just get an engine that needs to be rebuilt... I damn sure wouldn't sell a third gen. I'm probably buying a truck very soon aswell... '97 Dodge Dakota Sport, its a sweet thing.

Shaggy
04-28-2004, 06:09 AM
Nah...chevy trucks are the way to go.. ;)

Well nice sell then, did you make a nice profit on it?

AutoXFC3S
06-13-2004, 12:38 AM
i hate hondas

Shaggy
06-13-2004, 06:15 AM
Who does.. :lol:

AusTexRex
06-13-2004, 03:07 PM
You mean "Who Doesn't" you limey purple dinosaur

Shaggy
06-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Thank you Mommy......:D

AusTexRex
06-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Now go shower and change your underwear.

Shaggy
06-14-2004, 01:37 AM
:( do I have to.....

willjs7
10-12-2004, 02:11 PM
i guess u guys dont like stopping. none of ur mod orderers had breaking LOL. wheres the dates on theese posts b/c im prolly bringing back an old post. but it doent matter anyways b/c there is onlyt like 6 threads ;)
i have 2 hondas. a 99 prelude(50k orig. miles) bone stock. and a 95 hatch with a 200 gsr swap 45k. i like hondas a lot , but shitheads with beater civic's with primer ass shit body kits and neon lights give honda a bad name. its all good tho. ill be gettin a 3g soon when the hatch sells. :)

AusTexRex
10-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Braking is up to you, my mod list has brakes in it, though stock brakes aren't bad at all.

Shaggy
10-13-2004, 02:53 AM
Hey Aus...is you rex still looking it it does in your sig? Cause it sounds like you are always looking for body parts.. ;)

AusTexRex
10-13-2004, 07:04 AM
Umm, my rex is undergoing a lot of different changes week to week. I don't bother updating cuz I remove things and test new ones all the time. I have what I'm deeming my semi-front mount project at the fore front. But I'm not going into depth on it. Math says it should be able to support 42 psi heat wise, which works for me. And the location provides little heatsoak and no increase in turbo lag from stock.

My front bumper still is a little funny since that person backed into me and ran off. But its not that visible unless you're very familiar with our cars.

The entire suspension is undergoing a cumulative overhaul. Brakes are getting beefed, air leaks fixed, turbo rebuilt, tranny is being rebuilt and modded a little bit for fast shifts. I've got electrical gremlins and a very odd heat problem. I think my tstat is blown. it reads 3/4 heat sometimes and my engine is completely fine. Who knows. I wasn't too concerned cuz it's 130k and I'm waiting for it to blow to rebuild it with ports. All signs read that the engine is perfect though... who knows wtf is up with the heat.

PJ
01-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Very nice looking block, definitely a wise investment for serious Honda draggers...

http://www.flatlanderracing.com/imagesparts/dart-hondablock01.jpg
http://www.flatlanderracing.com/imagesparts/dart-hondablock02.jpg
http://www.flatlanderracing.com/imagesparts/dart-hondablock03.jpg

You should tell the guys at Honda-Tech about this.

spikegomez
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm painting it Blue with silver metal flake in it... give it that sparkle.. to go with whatever white rims I decide to put on it. I'll put some pics on here of my car before and after I start doing major work to it.
[/img]

Yeah painting it Blue is a nice thing for the car...

nate1
07-28-2010, 02:02 AM
i like hondas

BoostedFC
09-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Ok I must add this. Hondas have alot of potential & can be very fast if done right. Main issue I have with them is that any that make big numbers are worthless on the street. I have a few Honda friends with cars making in the 650 to 800 whp range. They run great times on the track, but on the street just a smoke show. I would never do a Honda, but I have helped build a few 350+ hp ones & they moved out nicely on the street with a good tire.

black rocket
10-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Ok I must add this. Hondas have alot of potential & can be very fast if done right. Main issue I have with them is that any that make big numbers are worthless on the street. I have a few Honda friends with cars making in the 650 to 800 whp range. They run great times on the track, but on the street just a smoke show. I would never do a Honda, but I have helped build a few 350+ hp ones & they moved out nicely on the street with a good tire.

I would also like to add my opinion about Hondas. Majority of Hondas are so patheticly tinkered (wouldn't wanto use the word modded) primarily toward exhaust and I can hear them rattling from a good distance away.

I know Hondas are well made and reliable but, why would anyone want to make their rides sounds so bad?

BoostedFC
11-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I would also like to add my opinion about Hondas. Majority of Hondas are so patheticly tinkered (wouldn't wanto use the word modded) primarily toward exhaust and I can hear them rattling from a good distance away.

I know Hondas are well made and reliable but, why would anyone want to make their rides sounds so bad?

It's not just Honda's, import cars (Jap & Euro) in general & even some small domestic have fell victim to the young or just simply dumb crowd in which cars are improperly modded. Cut springs, jimmy rigged intakes, loud unmatched exhaust & a Monster tach to some of these fools is a built car. I feel bad for some because they honestly want a decent car, but they have no money to do so & are surrounded by idiots telling them a bunch of BS.