PDA

View Full Version : True or False

1rotor
07-28-2005, 10:23 PM
I bought my 7 for drifiting. Iwas recently told by the man building my new engine that the 1st gens. make horrible drift cars because the rear end would'nt be able to handle the stress (or something like that). Is there any truth to this or not??

fcdrifter13
08-21-2005, 06:52 AM
my rear end is holding up fine and im running a 12a sp rbintake header edelbrook carb rb flywheel and clutch. if for some reason it cant take the power you can swap into a shortend ford 9in made for mazdas buy so company it bolts up like the stock unit

Psycho_Dad
08-21-2005, 12:24 PM
i thought mazda bongo diffs bolt in easy? and most come with lsd's? correct me if i am wrong

Psycho_Dad

black rocket
08-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey Psycho! How are things in your neck of the woods?

What the heck is Mazda Bongo?

Psycho_Dad
08-21-2005, 09:56 PM
not too shabby blackie, not to shabby, mazda bongo is a type of van mazda put out... most of them are 7 seaters, theirs prolly another name for em in the states... i have seen ones as early as 1987 and up to 1995?

dunno google is your friend to see how it would fit up

Psycho_Dad

1rotor
09-19-2005, 04:36 PM
arigatou gozaimashita.... but now i have another problem.... my muffler expolded(i mean really who does that happen to!?) so if anyone know why and how to fix why befor i go out and get an new exhaust your help would again be greatly appreciated. BTW sorry for taking so lon on the reply..(computer is fried)

black rocket
09-25-2005, 02:12 AM
Your puter got fried and muffler explosion... Must enjoy exciting life..j/k

Your muffler probably got plugged from burned out cat debris...

That's all I can think of. And again, I never heard of one exploding.

TII
03-09-2006, 07:25 PM
There are some weak areas in the SA/FB rear ends, but unless your making ALOT of power and horrable at sliding the car around then you should not have an issue.
The only othere thing that makes a 7 hard to drift is the short wheelbase as the car is alot happier to swap ends (spin) when pused. But this can be overcome with experance.

As for the exploding muffler, well thats a first in my books. But as black rocket said, its possible that debris has gotten clogged in the muffler from the cat converted and cause ALOT of backpressure and blown out the muffler. Or mabe a bomb in the exhaust ????
:P

Good luck with getting that issue resolved.