PDA

View Full Version : help on rear end

driftguy77
08-01-2005, 08:21 AM
well i just just changed my rear end on my fc (cuz i hit a curb drifting =x) and now when i shift and i let go of the clutch i hear a load CLUNK!!! im thinking its the differential if it is and i did something rong wat do you guys think i did rong (yea im still learning) :?

fc3s
08-01-2005, 08:57 AM
how much fluid do you have in your diff because if you have little or none then that is what is most likely making the noise. that fluid acts as a coolant, sound dampner, and lubricant all in one. if it is because of low or no fluid what your hearing is the pinoin gear catching the ring gear to turn you axel which you should never hear.

black rocket
08-01-2005, 07:44 PM
I agree...and quicker you take care of the problem better chance of preventing damage to them gears.

Problem is most people just seem to forget to ck and/or replenish that as you do to your engine oil.

Hey FC3S... I really like your "location"...guess I never noticed it, duh.. and yeah, if that ride is your let me know how you like shifting with your left hand :twisted:

13b_demon
08-03-2005, 12:06 AM
i had this problem too but i was low on clutch fluid in the resivoir so check that too.

fc3s
08-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Hey FC3S... I really like your "location"...guess I never noticed it, duh.. and yeah, if that ride is your let me know how you like shifting with your left hand :twisted:

Shifting with my left would be too much like masterbation but with out the payoff :D

driftguy77
10-14-2005, 07:41 AM
hmm well sry i havent replied latly but yeah i found the problem its a lil chunk of ruber that hold the diff i guess it broke form all the clutch pumping and now when its in gear the diff go's up and hits the body so yea i dont know wats the peace called if any one knows wat im talking about and knows the name that would be a good help

AusTexRex
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Its the differential mount. Many people go to solid mounts as they are cheaper than stock or competition mounts.
If I had seen this when it was first posted I could've told you that.

driftguy77
10-22-2005, 03:30 AM
solid mounts? hmm do you buy it or make it your self? if they do sell it where can i get it? sry im a lil clue less right now ahah

AusTexRex
10-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Post it in the For Sale section that you want solid mounts and do it on a lot of different rx7 forums.
Or weld your own.