PDA

View Full Version : Wassup y'all. Just wanted to say hey.

Crit
05-01-2004, 07:55 AM
I've got a 4-port 13B that just popped a seal (still runs, but compression's shot on two faces). If anyone has parts that would be helpful in an economical rebuild, let me know.

AusTexRex
05-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Welcome,
If I were you I'd just move up to some 3mm seals from rotary aviation or RB I think it is. Rotary Aviation claims their seals are indestructible. Considering they're testing engines run at much higher rpms than cars I would be inclined to believe them

2ROTORMOTOR
05-05-2004, 04:17 AM
I think he said ECONOMICAL damn austin boy wats wrong???? all that herd raising dont give you enough time to practice your reading comprehension :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

AusTexRex
05-05-2004, 05:27 AM
I think he said ECONOMICAL damn austin boy wats wrong???? all that herd raising dont give you enough time to practice your reading comprehension :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
I have never heard of an economical rebuild. Plus he'll get better life and better use out of new seals. It'll be worth it not to have to rebuild in another 30k miles.

Crit
05-05-2004, 07:45 AM
I'm actually going on vacation, so I ran a half-quart of ATF through the motor over the course of about 10 revs. I'll let her sit for 5 days and see if maybe one of the seals will free up. I still think I have a cracked apex, but maybe things are just stuck. Anything I can do while she's soaking for 5 days?

2ROTORMOTOR
05-05-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm actually going on vacation, so I ran a half-quart of ATF through the motor over the course of about 10 revs. I'll let her sit for 5 days and see if maybe one of the seals will free up. I still think I have a cracked apex, but maybe things are just stuck. Anything I can do while she's soaking for 5 days?

what do you mean you want to free up the seal???? if an apex seal breaks then you want to run the engine least as possible too keep the housings from gettin messed up... I advice you to take the engine apart as soon as possible and dont let it sit for too long...

Crit
05-05-2004, 11:11 AM
No, I have inconsistent compression between the two low faces on the front rotor, which indicated that I have a stuck side seal as well. That's what I'm trying to free up. There's also a chance that my apex is stuck, but it's most likely cracked.

AusTexRex
05-05-2004, 09:41 PM
It could be stuck further down in it's seat because the spring is weak. But that's highly unlikely. It is impossible for a seal to be stuck any other way than that. There really isn't much else you can do, It could be carbon buildup on one face of the rotor that is causing inconsistent compression as well. To clean that you'll either have to pull apart the engine OR, you can run small amounts of water through specific vac lines . The engine will stumble, suck in some water superheat that water which then cleans carbon off of the rotors.