PDA

View Full Version : Model Comparision

VAs Hachi Roku
02-02-2006, 02:18 PM
I came here over 2 years ago and someone had a nice FAQ that had images of each model and year. What ones had LSD vs which ones didnt. Also the different opitions that came with the 2nd Gen RX7

I used the search function, searched for model comparision and didnt come up with what I was looking for.

Is that page still around? I'm looking into getting a FC soon and want to plan out which model and year would be best
Thanks

nixxo55
02-02-2006, 08:01 PM
well, what do u plan on doing to the rx7, if you want performance the best would be an s4 turbo2(87-88) because it has lsd and all the little goodys pluse you can run more boost with the s4 motor, if you want comfort and all the interior goodys go with a 91, just remeber the turbo has almost every option, and the gtu also has almost every option without the turbo motor.

black rocket
02-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, that sums up the most...S5s are also heavier than S4s and vert being heaviest of all.

VAs Hachi Roku
02-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Well see the S4, S5 etc, I was hoping to look over the sheet. The FAQ's are ok here so i need to just read some more.

Most likely its going to be more of a DRAG setup, the engine isnt a big issue because I plan on doing a 20B swap on the car.

Plus I like the car simple the more options the more stuff to break.

I currently have an AE86 everything manual in the car so much easier to deal with.

Where would be a good place to start to find out the difference in the S4-S6 models. I guess information compared to the bodies for those styles.

Thanks

VAs Hachi Roku
02-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Found my own answer

http://www.rx7forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53

I have plenty of time to read stuck at work later tonight.

black rocket
02-04-2006, 11:30 AM
...Most likely its going to be more of a DRAG setup, the engine isnt a big issue because I plan on doing a 20B swap on the car.

I sure would like to do that on my second RX... $10K price tag for a complete swap, mod is the only thing stopping me from doing it.