PDA

View Full Version : need help to decide

midnightmechanic77
02-07-2006, 04:47 AM
hey got 2 sevens want to know what to do with the 1ts gen that was given to me it is a 85 5 letter 13b injected i was thinking about a 351 w swap but i am still on the fence about it currently it does not run has timeing problems probbable an easy fix have not loked at it yet trying to rearrange my garage right now to fit it in there with my 88 and still work on my truck at the same time any way any help will be appreciated

black rocket
02-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Ck'd the compression?

midnightmechanic77
02-08-2006, 05:33 AM
before the car was given to me i was told by my buddy that the compression was messed up bad he told me a trick about tranny fluid throught the intake to raise comp. enough to get it going i got it started once but it took three people to do so 1 on the distributor turning trying to get the timing right the other to spray ether and tranny fluid in the tb and the last to crank

black rocket
02-08-2006, 07:41 AM
What ATF do is to loosen the carbon buildups. Not a fix for low compression problem.

What you probably need is a rebuild.

Personally, I won't do ATF on my tb.

midnightmechanic77
02-10-2006, 02:50 AM
i used it only once and so did my friend so i aint to worried about it ya know but what i wan to know is do you think it is worth the time and money to rebuild the 13b ( i want about 250-300hp out of the motor i am coming into money a little at a time with my new job and i got some time to work on it my self) or to put a 351w in it and do all the goodies to that.

black rocket
02-10-2006, 06:31 AM
Nooooo... no pistons.

That what makes rx7 unique.

And as to your question of "does it worth it"...that is up to you if you to rebuild a rotary it'll cost you shy of $1,000 for everything you need and needing to replace other stuff and if you have TII I think it's worth it.

But, attempt to attain that much of hp from n/a would probably cost you a lot more than you want to spend.

midnightmechanic77
02-11-2006, 06:29 AM
it is not a t11 motor i am willing to port it out and p- port and all that other good stuff that you can learn about from RB i really like na motors cause they are a rarety to find the really fast ones and on a 7 you can have really good relibility ,good power to weight ratio, and the reving is what i like the most so i heard that 300 hp on an na does good and keeps it reliable i can change my motor to a t11 by changing the seals though right ????????

TII
03-09-2006, 07:16 PM
ATF can provide a spike in compression if used in the right proportions when starting a motor that has sat or has new seals in it.
It helps to set the seals for a moment on inital turn key. It is not the best way to go about getting a rotary running, but i have used it MANY-O-TIMES to get one fired up after a fresh build.

Another trick would be to pump compressed air directly into the TB on start-up.

IMO i would figure out the issue with timing if that is what you think the issue is with the car. If thats all it is in the i would not even consider the piston monstrosity you are thinking of putting in there. And if you do put pistons, LS1 or better :P