PDA

View Full Version : 1984 GSL Bridgeport Turbo 12A *project*

TII
03-19-2006, 08:50 AM
I recently picked up a 1984 GSL for cheap ($200). I got it through a friend of a friend. The story goes,

Owner brought the car in to have a clutch job done after the car had sat for 6 months in there driveway because they could not afford to do the clutch then.
They also put in a new batterie as the old one was dead.
The clutch job was done but the shop could not get the car to run, they soon found a VERY badd colant leak under the carb area between the irons.
So the owner did not want to pay for the clutch job on the car.
Car sat for another year at the repair shop, and i came across it the othere day.
Nice shape for the year, and i only had to pay the cost of parts on the car. So i picked it up, now im going to do some work on her.

Ive already fabbed up a full cage for the car, just have to paint it and install it.
Im planning on doing a full bridgeport on this motor as well as a turbo setup similar to the Mazdaspeed GT car. :D
I will hopefully begine this soon and have lots of pics to accompanie the build.

TII

black rocket
03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
You're sick... :D

I came across 87 n/a... he was asking $1,500 :shock: I think he's gonna have that for a while. Was going to offer him $800 but, I figure he wouldn't take it.

Good find TII !

TII
03-20-2006, 05:47 AM
:D
Ya 1500 for a car that over 20 years old is asking alot unless were talking exotics or some other extenuating curcumstance.

Im hopping to mabe get there after work tomarrow and start pulling stuff apart. Going to make this baby shine :D It will be the nicest FB in the GVRD :D

black rocket
03-21-2006, 05:44 PM
:D