PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 88 RX7 Convertible

88quick7
06-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Hey whats up? My names Bill and i Just bought a 88 RX7 Convertible , that can also be a targa , with the stock mazda BBS style wheels , 20k on the rebuilt motor with a new tranny clutch and drive train , car is white and clean enough to eat off as well as the interior, a true gem. Ive had a Porsche 944 before this car and i must say the mazda handles better , and is faster. I had a few ?'s though whats do the average MPG on these? Any what are critical things to keep up on with these cars to make them last , also whats the best weight of oil to use. Anyway to get a little more HP out of them?

shika805
07-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Well congratulations my friend on the new car!! I also own a Vert and I absolutely love my car! Any person can vouch for me that the rotary engines are gas guzzers, but if driven correctly and sparingly you can definitely gain some mileage. You looking around from 17mpg street and 22 to 25mpg average highway. My suggestions on keeping the 7 maintained would probably be reguraly fluid changes for the car (oil, tranny, rear diff, radiator, etc.) Type of Oil I use is 10w40 Mobile1. People will disagree with me using synthentic but my experience is never buy the cheaper types of sythetic oils, stick with Mobile1, RoyalPurple (I believe it is). If sythetic is too pricey for ya, Castrol 10w40.

For the HP, Best things you can do for a Vert N/A is probably looking to get an aftermarket exhaust and intake system. Making a cold air box for the intake. IF you got the money, i suggest a street port! You'll see some definite gains with that!

good luck man with car!

sarasotan
07-26-2014, 02:45 AM
I bought a 1991 red RX7 convertible and have had a ball with it for a couple of years. A good looking and solid vehicle. Now I have a company car and don't want to pay the extra insurance so will sadly part with my RX7. Asking $2500 which seems very fair. Somebody is going to have a blast with this car and I will miss it. If interested, call me at (941) 545-3600