PDA

View Full Version : F/S: 88 GXL Fully built/rebuilt NA 13B H.O.

NA/FC-Drifter
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Waz up guys and gals?

I'm looking to sell or trade my beautiful, one-of-a-kind, RX-7 for an equal condition/modifications Nissan 240SX/Mustang GT (4.6L) with a 5speed. The car is actually a 1988 model GXL trim package, i.e. power windows, locks, sunroof, premium stereo/cd player. As you know the GXL is the model right in between the GTU and TII models (basically no turbo, but everything else). Only part that does notwork is the a/c. Everything else works great.

The motor was completely rebuilt, ported, and balanced by Kevin Landers (www.rotaryressurection.com Morristown TN) about 5 months ago. So the motor has aprox. 6K miles on it. It was rebuilt using oem Mazda S5 (89-92 RX-7) rotors and housings and Atkins rotary quality parts. I had Kevin perform an aggressive, yet street friendly street-port, removed the actuators and opened up the 6th ports, so all 6 ports are open all the time (kinda like a H.O. setup if you will) High-end power was increased dramatically! He also removed all emissions equipment to increase power as well. Look at this link for pics of the build: http://www.rotaryresurrection.com/builds/reece/

Bolt-ons consist of a pacesetter tubular header, corksport 3" catless exhaust (oh yah...its loud), KYB 8-way adjustable shocks with TEIN s.tec lowering springs. ebay strut tower bars, Koyorad racing aluminum radiator with 14" electric fan, spectre custom intake, F1-racing stage 3 racing clutch, all rolling on charcoal 17x7"(fr)17x9"(rr) sportmax 962 wheels with Wanli Z-rated directional tires (205/40/ZR17).

The car runs like a champ! I've seen cars with less mods than this one eat V8 mustangs/camaros alive, so you know this one is fast!!! A lot of people are scared of rotary engines, but the truth is they are as much, if not more reliable than a reciprocating (piston) engine. They have about half the moving parts as a regular piston engine, thus higher revving (8000rpm+!!!) and much smoother running design. Gas mileage is moderate, roughly 17/21 depending on your driving style. The FC is a fantastic car, and I hate to part with it, But I'd kinda like something with better gas mileage and quieter, and maybe a back seat. I've put about $6K into the car (including car cost) So i know I'm not going to make it back entirely. I'm really looking for a partial trade. Like say your 240 plus like $1000-1500 cash depending on your car's condition. Or just $4800obo for my car. I'm Corey, and thanks for looking! Call me @ (404)933-2222 or email: [email protected]