PDA

View Full Version : FD3S rapes WRX

marshall
05-10-2004, 04:11 PM
I was going home from work Friday when i hear a loud ass blow off valve. I look behind me it's a 02'ish wrx. Looked like minor bolt ons; exhaust, intake ect. We go from a 30mph roll. By the time I got to 4th gear, i probably had a good 10-12 cars on him, it was pretty sad. He then caught up to me at a stop light. Here is where the wrx has the advantage, at the light he had 2 or 3 cars on me on 1st and 2nd gear, but once i got into 3rd, again, i left him pretty bad. It was fun though.

THE 7 CAN'T LOOSE :D

AusTexRex
05-10-2004, 08:40 PM
I hate WRXs. Good job

Shaggy
05-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Nice kill..Marshell!!

2ROTORMOTOR
05-11-2004, 08:08 AM
Good job

smcginnis87
05-11-2004, 07:32 PM
nice kill.

Johnny
06-05-2004, 05:42 PM
get em marshall

dRuNk-mEdIc
02-24-2005, 04:58 AM
Nice kill, I dont like the style of the WRX's but they can be pretty damn fast if tuned properly :D . I think there rated at 300bhp out of the factory but im not sure.

AusTexRex
02-28-2005, 11:07 PM
A very expensive, unreliable, ugly, 300hp. Entirely not worth the money, when the line is canceled and they become easier to attain cheaply I will consider them a decent car.

03-02-2005, 05:56 AM
A very expensive, unreliable, ugly, 300hp. Entirely not worth the money, when the line is canceled and they become easier to attain cheaply I will consider them a decent car.

expensive? unreliable? ugly...maybe

i drive a STi and i thought it was cheap for what i got...i have put 30K hard hard miles on mine and it has not given me a single problem...and my car was 400HP since it had 2500 miles on it...and at around 22K its power increased to 480HP (these #'s are not wheel hp)...so i dont see where your argument is coming from...

btw im looking at getting a FD for a 2nd car because its so cheap now but i didnt rag on it when i couldnt afford it...

dRuNk-mEdIc
03-03-2005, 03:28 AM
Expensive...yes Unreliable....its how you treat it....786 why in the hell would you call your own car ugly :D

AusTexRex
03-03-2005, 10:00 AM

expensive? unreliable? ugly...maybe

i drive a STi and i thought it was cheap for what i got...i have put 30K hard hard miles on mine and it has not given me a single problem...and my car was 400HP since it had 2500 miles on it...and at around 22K its power increased to 480HP (these #'s are not wheel hp)...so i dont see where your argument is coming from...

btw im looking at getting a FD for a 2nd car because its so cheap now but i didnt rag on it when i couldnt afford it...

I can afford an STi if I actually wanted one. The point I had was that for the money you can get a different car, rebuild it from the ground up to be faster, more stable, more reliable, and more personalized. If I had invested 20,000+ on my FC I would easily be into the 11s if not 10s. Parts come pretty cheaply on the FC. Stock STis don't run those numbers, therefore I say it's not worth the money as a performance vehicle.

If you have a big hard on for Subarus then get one, if you like the design then get one. My words aren't barring anyone's way to the dealership.

Also, I do understand that my argument against it can be carried over even to cars as cheap as FCs. I'm sure I could pick up a beat up civic hatchback for 200 dollars and rebuild it, but I don't want to. I bought my car for the love of the engine and design, I wanted to experiment as a mechanic on a rotary engine without spending a lot of money on an FD (parts are more expensive) to do it.

When I first bought the FC I put the remaining 15,000 that an FD could cost into different investments. Right now while I'm happily working on the FC and still getting from place to place as quickly and comfortably as I wish to my extra money is doing the exact opposite of what it would be doing if I took out a loan. I'm earning extra instead of paying extra for financing. In 3 years when I buy the FD I'll have enough money to not only buy the car, but every modification I want to do to it. I'll still have the FC to get me around while I work on the FD and get it just where I want it.

This is why I say the STi, until it depreciates in value, is not worth the money.

Canaduh
03-04-2005, 05:57 AM
Okay, i completely agree with austex. Its how any car is, they start out as a big deal, and slowly disappear with the 'newer' sports cars that come out, een though their are the odd few, like the FD That hold their value better then other cars that age. But its all supply and demand. Thats my 2 cents. Err maybe half a cent actually. Im pretty much just agreeing with austex.

03-12-2005, 02:37 PM
nice to see everyone against me :D

bottom line is i dont care what anyone thinks because i sold my car...well traded it for something for my mom...in any event i may get an FD or a MKIV fairly soon...

tstrboy2004
08-07-2010, 03:09 PM

bahahahah coming from a rotary driver.. priceless

how about stock for stock....

oh wait.. wanna come race my Forester Wagon in January up in Minnesota... hmmm...

ps.. just jealous cause yours runs and my 85 has sat in a shed for 5 yrs hahaha

black rocket
08-07-2010, 11:16 PM
bahahahah coming from a rotary driver.. priceless

how about stock for stock....

oh wait.. wanna come race my Forester Wagon in January up in Minnesota... hmmm...

ps.. just jealous cause yours runs and my 85 has sat in a shed for 5 yrs hahaha

5 yrs... sad story :'(

marathonboats
08-09-2018, 04:03 AM
I hate WRXs. Good job

why do you hate? :confused: