Rx7 Forum and Owners Club

Rx7 Forum and Owners Club (http://www.rx7forums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2nd Generation (http://www.rx7forums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Some Clutch questions (http://www.rx7forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2237)

rx7Noobie 03-06-2011 06:01 PM

Alright thanks, another thing is my car is newly painted but was never polished/waxed i bought some turtle wax F21 do you wax first or polish first or is it the same?

black rocket 03-06-2011 07:07 PM

How newly paint is it and is it a 2 stage paint?

rx7Noobie 03-06-2011 10:13 PM

Uhhh.. It was painted about 3 months ago and idk how many stages?

black rocket 03-07-2011 12:07 AM

2 stage is one w/ clearcoat... if that's the case you really don't want to use abrasive wax and stay with carnuba wax which will not do you wrong.

rx7Noobie 03-07-2011 05:31 AM

Crap =| idk it got primer and the body shop said they had to polish it but we didnt wanna wait for them to do it so we jus took the car back n i was gunna do it myself

BoostedFC 03-07-2011 04:58 PM

Man I have to be honest your post need some more thinking. I'm going to assume you didn't speak with the paint shop at all, because they should have went over with you the process. Paint jobs can be approached in different manners. You should know how many layers of paint you have, if you have clear in the paint, what type of paint & paint code. I also hope since you didn't let them finish, you didn't come straight home & wash the car.

black rocket 03-07-2011 10:31 PM

Just for your future reference, you should NEVER rush bodywork & paint job as you will be extremely disappointed and kick yourself every time you notice flaws that could have been prevented :/

I have contacted various top notch painters and some of them won't let you get your car back unti they are pleased with it.

rx7Noobie 03-09-2011 05:01 AM

I had my car at a body shop and they primerd an painted the car and they screwed it up n had to do it all over and after they did it they were screwing around saying my car would be done in 4 days then after 4 days they say 3 days then after that 5 days so we got fed up with it and rented a uhaul trailer and called the cops saying they wouldnt give us the car.. The paints not bad though just thattheres a paint drop on the front bumper and they painted my headlights and inside the windshielf -_- but i scraped it all off with a razor its fine now, i got my signals today and with some sanding there going to fit perfect in the AIT G4 bumper i installed one so far, and are your headlights supposed to turn on when down to shine through the FTP lights? Cuz im not sure mine do idk

black rocket 03-09-2011 08:59 PM

I see... nothing irretating than a bad paint job. You know what kind of paint they used, right? Make sure you keep that info for the next paint job.

Yes, the lights should work for your next question.

rx7Noobie 03-09-2011 10:29 PM

I installed my signals :) and yeah idk what paint, and if if i turn the knob to turn the lights on it automatically flips up my headlights =\ the guy who fixed them must have done it