Rx7 Forum and Owners Club

Rx7 Forum and Owners Club (http://www.rx7forums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2nd Generation (http://www.rx7forums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ha JK guys i might just get rid of my fc.. (http://www.rx7forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2236)

rx7Noobie 02-21-2011 12:09 AM

Ha JK guys i might just get rid of my fc..

After i put a new bodykit n had the car painted white, when i got it the car apparenly was already lowerd, i bought 86-92 eibach ground control coil over sleeves and the front didnt fit rite, and the back was still too low so. Guess the car jus had springs replaces not lowerd, idk so we put the reg back springs back and we think there might be gas shocks we just have to put gas to raise the car up? Idk.. Also changing the front shocks i guess all the brake fluid leaked or something cuz the brakes dont work, i went to start the car to move it after this fail and it started cranking n the battery sounded like it was dieng, i kept turning the key,.. Then,.. BANG!! Idk what happend, maybe the jack listing the car bent the exhaust i have no idea so i just left it in my driveway where it was -,-

BoostedFC 02-21-2011 02:39 AM

Take your time when you post, everything is jumbled. What exactly are you asking here? It seems that you have listed a number of problems & it also seems to me that you should not be working on the car. Maybe leaving the repairs to a shop is your best option. May I ask how you bent the exhaust when lifting the car, I mean really it doesn't take much to jack up a car. You shouldn't keep turning the ignition, if your battery is dead continuing to crank it is not going to do anything. On all the rest I'm just going repeat my suggestion & say leave the repairs to someone who knows what they are doing.

rx7Noobie 02-21-2011 04:21 AM

Nah i was buggin out of frusteration, the bang was backfire from starting and immediately turning the car off then when i started it again it backfired, and need shocks that can be raised higher then stock height any suggestions? I was looking at tokico adjustable but idk if they do that.. Im looking to spend up to 450.

BoostedFC 02-21-2011 06:38 AM

Adjustable shocks/struts will not raise or lower the vehicle, they just affect the dampening. To adjust height you will need lowering springs, a coil over sleeve set up or a full out coil over.

rx7Noobie 02-21-2011 08:09 AM

I dont wanna lower it though i need to raise it.. =| 2700$ for air suspension is crazy, but cant you buy air/gas shocks and make them higher because the springs still touch both sides

black rocket 02-21-2011 08:40 AM

What would your FC's primary function?

BoostedFC 02-21-2011 03:36 PM

Coil overs either full or sleeve set ups will allow you raise the car or you can do the math & buy taller springs with the spring rates that you want from Summit or JEG's. I'm curious to why you want to raise the car above stock height?

black rocket 02-21-2011 05:19 PM

That's why I asked what would the FC's primary function...

I think 4x4 chassis conversion has been done with FC already.

Who would want its center of gravity hightened to decrease performance and safety is mind boggling.

Another scenario would be; wanting to slap a 23" bling and with tires on didn't clear wheel wells, wanting to slap on some knobby tires, try to put on an incorrect offset wheels...

BoostedFC 02-21-2011 06:04 PM

Not only effecting the center gravity, but creating too big of an area of air beneath the car. Suspension tuning is one key part to the final product. Seems to me that you have a lot going on with the car, pick one area & focus your time & money there. Then move onto the next, there's nothing wrong with getting a good deal, but sometimes it's better to wait to buy quality parts over throwing out money on parts because they are cheap. A car with a few quality parts installed right is far better then a car with a bunch of inferior parts incorrectly installed. Time & money are needed to have a good project result. Make a project plan & set a budget, try to stay within the limits of the two.

rx7Noobie 02-21-2011 07:00 PM

I put a bodykit on and i need to raise it like two inches or so, and alright i guess ill try n find what the stock spring height is or whatever n find taller ones