View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #15
1stGenNa4Now

Send a message via Yahoo to 1stGenNa4Now
Originally Posted by BoostedFC View Post
Power to weight is a strong factor when speaking in performance terms. I don't recall Rocket saying anything about Turbo beating NA, but I will! In the real world two motors of the same, one turbo & one NA is the question you bring. Lets start here for a NA to be competitive with a turbo car there will be sacrifices that are not exceptable in a street car. To get the NA around the power levels of a lighly modded Turbo, will involve porting, lots of fuel, on point tuning, weight savings. Put the same money & work used towards the NA into the turbo & not a chance. Not that you can't make a NA rotary quick, but in the quest the car gets extremely loud & reliablity is in question. What I think he meant was that by porting the motor there will be additional cost as in intake, exhaust, fuel & tune for things to be effective. Now back to my above statement Turbo 13b trumps NA 13b look at the recorded times they speak the truth.
Here we go. The keyboard tough guy. I was not even talking to you but all the same to me. My point was that is a money game. That for what the original post was that he could make good power staying n/a and maybe even spend less than doing a turbo swap and yes still be faster. Not everyone can make a reliable, daily driven 12second n/a two rotor. Thats why it should be left to the experts, but it can and has been done! There are 6 second 1/8 mile n/a cars just like there are 6 second 1/8 mile turbo cars. Yeah the worlds fastest is a turbo nitrous 7 second 1/4 mile car which I doubt any of ya'll can compete with but that was not the point. 13 b trumps what? Who said I was even talking about 13b. I speak the truth I dont need my internet buddies to back up what I say. You can make an n/a car beat a turbo car and vice versa. The money you saved on cooling your turbo set up use to quiet down your monster port n/a street set up!! I know I know you are going to come back with another reponse with your two cents even though I was not talking to you.
1stGenNa4Now is offline   Reply With Quote