Thread: Farm fresh
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
pistonless

Cool
alright, ive gotten started. I put my boat battery in the car and stuck it on the charger, put 2 1/2 gals of fresh fuel in the tank (i drained the tank about a week ago). disconnected the fuel line to the carb, and turned on the key. FUEL PUMP DEFINATLY WORKS. i am getting fuel to this point.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd attempt to start car failed with just cranking.

i poured a small bit of gas into the carb and tried again.

4th attempt car fires after cranking, and idles for a few seconds before turning off.

poured a little bit larger amout of fuel into the carb and tried again.

5th attempt, car fires, and idles for a few seconds longer before turning off.

i dont question the integrity of the motor, it sounds like it wants to run.. and run strong. no strange noises, knocking or squeeking.

SO, i think that my issue lies with the "rebuilt" nikki carb that i purchased from ebay. ANY advise on what i should look for if i take this carb apart and attempt a repair would be welcome.

ALSO, i am going to post a picture of my fuel pump in a bit, i would like to know if it should be sufficient to run this motor on a stock carb. The original fuel pump didnt kick on unless u beat it with a hammer, so i purchased a 60 dollar "Mr. Gasket" universal in-line fuel pump and installed it.

Thank you for your future replys.
pistonless is offline   Reply With Quote