View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #3

black rocket
Full Access Member

First, we are all aware of the fact that Mazda have used substandard electrical componnts, and now, the very same car is 20+ years older.

We are not just troubleshooting a newer vehicles, here.

I have been in constant renovation of its original wiring, connectors, sensors (ohming to see its proper functions). Whenever I get to any connectors I go over with contact cleaner for a proper connection, etc.

Once I was installing a white inst cluster backing, I went ahead and checked wiring, connection and replaced light bulbs. I came to the connector right in the back of instrument panel. Removed that with difficulty found corrosion. Cleaned as best of my ability and finished off with, once again contact cleaners.

The reason I brought up the discovery of terribly corroded connectors behind inst panel is because connections for issues that you're experiencing are all behind it. Especially when you notice dimm and flickers, means poor connection somehow somewhere.

Ck that & see. As most ppl's approach to repair just get to whatever. The cause and seems like they wait 'til something else happns to dig deeper into FC Abysse.

Let us know what you find!