View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
NJGreenBudd

A little update:

Started her this morning and waited for the smoke to start, lo and behold no smoke or very very little if any at all. The idle is still kinda strange: its starts at about 1500 to 2000, then slowly starts to bounce its way down to around 1250. I know these have the cold start and I'm not actually too worried about the idle, however I do think its kinda starnge to idfle like this. If driven and placed in neutral it will idle around 750.

The engine seems to be running a bit smoother though it never ran really rough either.

I am gonna give this a try tomarrow again, we'll have to see how it goes, I guess if I still don't like the way it's running after checking the specs of the TPS and replacing the BOV and other checks, then I'll just take it down to my mechanic. I'm lucky in that this guy actually know rotaries.

Converted auto to 5spd:
K&N intake, Accel Ingnition wires, Mallory Hyfire VI-A CDI, Pace Setter header, Apexi N1 Dual Exhaust, Front Upper Strut Brace, KYB AGX's, Eibach Pro Kit.
Soon to have full AWR wide body kit.

***New 1987 Turbo II***

New motor from Mazda, HKS intakes, Blitz SS BOV(in the mail), APEXi N1 Dual exhaust, and a ton of brand new OEM parts.
NJGreenBudd is offline   Reply With Quote