View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #17

black rocket
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by 1stGenNa4Now View Post
I strongly disagree with black rocket on this one. Maybe he is a little biased. Is a money game yes, but that doesnt necessarily mean that you'll have to spend alot more to beat turbo guys or that it wont be worth the expense. As I am about to prove to a couple of fd drivers in my area. You must do your homework and know what you are doing. Tunning is key. Once you have the power is all about science and math to get the times you want.
Tuning is the key, of course. That goes for all combustion engines. I have Haltech to fine tune my ride. BDC does awesome tuning.

If you would have specified what you really wanted I know a guy in Australia whips out 700bhp out of his 12A

I believe the original question was how to get more power and the answer is who knows... you can also install alky sprits system to modify the detonation point in order to get more out of it. Better yet, you can also go with oxygen intake.

I didn't ask whether the ride will be DB or track car and level of experience, which clearly stated that thread starter is new to rotary and I was compelled to my response to be easily understood.

If you want a single race engine, by all means go for it!

I also do not believe in cutting corners to save a buck, thus, I only go with quality parts (not necessarily expensive) from wiring I selected (Presto Lite, dual insulated tin dipped copper wire), Hosetech vac lines, HKS mani, Bosch sensors, VDO gauges, Marren fuel dampner, hard plumbing using Aeroquip, MSD plug wires... and the list goes on...

I also would like to point out the fact that zero tolerance when it comes to bashing. If anyone interested or have strong desire to do so, please enjoy at other forums as I have no problem banning assholes, which I have on several occasions.

So, let's be civil and enjoy what we all are here for, rotorheads!