Thread: GTUS troubles
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #1
Jedah

Send a message via AIM to Jedah
Default GTUS troubles
I bought an '89 GTUS within the past 4 months and it's been nothing but trouble. I am a rotary newbie so any problem I encounter is slightly difficult, but have been able to fix what it's thrown at me until now.

When I try to accelerate, the engine noise raises, but the power output does not. It seems to barely, and I mean barely, accelerate whatsoever but has been making far more engine noise than what it ever has while in my care. The noises that I am hearing only happen when I try to accelerate and they sound like air being sucked in or spit out, but it isn't my intake that's causing it. The engine seems to be working itself to death and sounds miserable. The engine will not rev past 7000RPM and I can hardly hit 70MPH. Neither of these problems have occured before today. Before it ran out very well and I could usually hit 130 or 135MPH as a top speed. Now it is severely weakened and I could barely keep up with traffic coming home from class. For god's sake, anyone, can you help me?

If I need to come back and explain things a little better I will, I'm just flustered as hell and can't think straight.
Jedah is offline   Reply With Quote