Thread: gas smell
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 03:52 AM   #4

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Lets start here since you are the one who is asking the question. If you don't like the answer that's fine, but don't assume anything about me. You seem to have got upset for no reason. Not sure exactly what you meant by I don't know how to spell because I have spell check on my computer, which tells me when something is spelled wrong. On a lot of forums you will start to notice that people won't respond if they see shitty grammar. I explained above that poor grammar sometimes makes things hard to read or understand. Not everyone is that critical, but some are. See I responded to your question so I was trying to help, but if you don't want the help I could always not respond if you would like. I provided you with a link which may or may not have been helpful on your idle.

Not sure if you are aware, but Rotaries tend to run rich from the factory (ask any rotary mechanic). This could result in a light fuel smell at the rear since unburned fuel is exiting the exhaust. Clearly if the car smells like you are pouring fuel out then there's a problem, but you were very unspecific. I asked if you have noticed a leak you didn't answer, has you mileage been affected, is the car smoking? Have you checked the injectors for leaks? If the smell is at the rear check the lines at the rear. On any account good luck with the car.

Last edited by BoostedFC; 07-11-2011 at 07:04 PM.
BoostedFC is offline   Reply With Quote