Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 08-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
ripped77

Send a message via Yahoo to ripped77
Default Sunroof STUCK and sweltering in Central WA.
I have an 88 and the sunroof will not open.. it will start to but then the passanger side seems to bind up before it raises... ANY help or ideas appreciated here
ripped77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:00 AM   #2
avafan

I really hope somone can answer this question because i have an 88 as well and its doing the exact same thing ive been told its an alignment issue. the sunroof only has one motor i pulled apart one from a parts car it looks like a common issue for the passenger side to bind up. Im planning to pull my entire headliner out of the car and remove my sunroof top from the inside due to the fact it wont slide back and clean the tracks and fix any worn or broken parts. goodluck and if i discover anything interesting ill be sure to let you know.
avafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:43 AM   #3

black rocket
Full Access Member

There is "corkscrew" type slider on each side of the sunroof and in most cases lifter is causing the faulty movement.

It gets gunky and I am dissolving gunk on my spare sunroof so I can realign once I loosen the slider movement.

I'm planning on lubricating it with dry silicone or graphite rather than grease.