Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Old 01-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Duneratz00

Default 88 RX7 starting problem
ok so ive been having problems geting my 88rx7gxlna to start ever seens winter started .its not all the time just like 20 or 40 % of the time. i think its just flooding because i can usully just pull the fuse for the fule pump and crank it and clear it out but even then it barly starts . and today i pulled in to the gas station the engine wasnt at full operating temp i shut it off for like 2 minites and then it wouldnt start again so i tried the fuse trick like 10 times luckily i had a spare battery in my car. then i pushed it to the pump and put some high octan gas in it . did the fuse trick a couple more times and then finily it just barly cranked over . i usauly run midgrade fule in it but this time i had low grade in it . and another thing it runs relly cold like it only goes about 1/8 of the way up the temp gauge i also think the starter or the battery mite be week . and it dosent realy do its cold start proses ether it just revs up to 2000rpms for like a second and then goes to 750 and if i start driving it when its not wormed up and i put it in nuterul and let it cost it will stall
Duneratz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #2

black rocket
Full Access Member

First, is your FC stock? Based on stock scenario, I would ck your coils and plug wire condition. Then, I would get your inj cleaned, at least.

Also, id ck your batt cables for internal corrosion which reduces its effectiveness.