Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 AM   #1

sidewaysFC
Full Access Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sidewaysFC
Default So close !!!
I just put my large street ported na moter in my 88 rx7 and it almost wants to start ill crank it and it will spuder like it wants to start or it will flood I by passed all the emissions as well and I made some more timing marks on the front hub and addvanced the timing a little and I found sweet spot were it gets closer to starting then other spots and it feels like if I just get a stronger battery it would start like it just needs that little bit more to get started you know any ideas

Old 09-09-2011, 02:20 AM   #2

sidewaysFC
Full Access Member

also the gas in the tank is like a year old could a fresh moter not want to start on year old gas.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #3

sidewaysFC
Full Access Member

ok pulled it down the road 2 day with my friends truck poped the clutch fired up no prob. but it wouldnt stay running even after I got it wormed up and I had the idle screw all the way up so I figured it mite be because if the timing because it was shaking alot so I tried advanceing it want to start it and it flooded then my fuel line started to leak so I had to take off the upper intake to replace it when I put it back on I fired it up and it was realy loud back fireing and ran like shit I had to keep the padle hafe way to the floor to keep it running so im thinking like it has a big vacume leak some where or somthing

Old 09-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #4

Shaggy
Administrator

Did you get it figured out?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:25 AM   #5

sidewaysFC
Full Access Member

well I took the upper intake off and made sure I scraped all the old gasket off and I put some of that brushabul gaskit stuff on it so theres no way im going to have a vacume leak there and im pritty sure I dont have any vacume leaks any were else but I fired it up and it still sounded way louder then it should be and its back fireing like someones shooting a 22 behined the car and its building up sum black stuff on the bumper and smoking like I just started it after it was flooded or somthing. it will stay running as low as 1000rpm now after I fixed the gasket thats with me holding it there with the gas pedal it wouldnt stay running below 2000 before I fixed the gasket so i think that helped a little bit. but it still sounds so bad I dont even feel very comfterble leting it run up to operating temp to see if it will idle.also the gas is very old like so old that its orange and smells bad I dont know if that would be the problem but im draining the tank and puting new gas in it here soon.besides that I cant think of anything that would make it run like that besides the timing or something any ideas im almost out of ideas