Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Members Area > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here. Let eveyone know where you're from.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #121

black rocket
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by BoostedFC View Post
20B 4 rotor????
Maybe 20B 3 rotor or 26B 4 rotor Either way should be a fun car, good luck.

Yep I haven't been there in a long time is that site even up any more? Mostly on RCC, RX7club, Nopistons, Mazda247 & some Aussie sites. But I'm a member of many others LOL It's good to have access to all the info I can get.
I had to shut the site down as bugs basically destroyed pertinent info and just didn't have time. It is true cking other sites to see how crazy fellow rotorheads are LOL, particullarly one Aussie site I'm a member of. Have you encounter with a guy named Sharkey from Australia? He gets my vote for one of the craziest one!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #122

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Not sure if I have came across him is he on AUSrotary or RotorHavik?
BoostedFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #123

black rocket
Full Access Member

He was a member @ Rotary Blvd.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #124
SP86

Hi all, I should have posted here before going off and starting my own thread but to be honest I'm a bit greedy when it comes to my lady lol. Anyway shes an 86' Mitsubishi Starion that I've owned for a little over a year now. I'm on the hunt for a 90 RX7 but for now I'm pretty happy with my "Siren"
Looking forward to staying awhile now hope you don't mind having us

SP86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #125

Wohnson89

Default Im just a regular guy with a thing for unusual cars
I'm Webster, I'm from Kansas, and I just got my first Rx7 a couple of weeks ago.

I'm new to the forum but not to rotaries. I have grown up along with a 1993 RX7 which my dad owns. He bought it new from the dealership, and has put only 7,xxx miles on it since. When I was a lot younger I called it the "red sports car."

I seem to have a thing for unusual cars, because my first car (now garage queen) was a 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L. My dad and I restored it, and now I am always worried about stupid people around me hurting it. So I had to buy a new Daily driver for school. Ended up getting a 1989 gxl with 145,xxx. the engine had been rebuilt and ported at about 110,000. My plan is to restore this one eventually, but drive the crap out of it until that happens.

Wohnson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #126
maxspeed3

Default Fellow Mazda Owner (Speed3)
Hello,

I'm joined the forum to learn and I'm in the market to purchase an rx7 (3rd gen). I'm not new to Mazda, I currently own an 07' Speed3 (so yes I'm addicted to boost) My speed3 is basically stage1 at the moment and I have a lot of future plans for it. Nothing crazy because its my daily driver (lets just say ultimate sleeper)... Anyway I would like to find a 3rd gen rx7 with no mods or very few mods to keep it in its original condition as much as possible.

I attached a photo of my speed3

Thanks!

I soon hope to have a rotary!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SPEED3.jpg (54.7 KB, 2 views)
maxspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #127
fyin

Hi Guys,
I just own 1984 RX-7 GTX turbo sold by my good friend.
It's very nice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (91.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by fyin; 03-28-2013 at 05:07 AM.
fyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #128
Chinovelli

Hows it Hanging Everybody,?
My Name is Chino i'm 21yr old And i Own a 88 GXL ,
Its Pretty much my Weekend Project Car.
I'm Interest in learning on swapping an s4 n/a for a s5 tII
My Goals For this Car is To be able To Have a Track Ready Street legal Car.
Only problem this is my 1st Rotary Engine Car And To be Frank I don't know Anything about the Rotary- d-_-b lol But im Learning..

Old 03-17-2014, 03:34 AM   #129
a2ndopinion

My name is Bob, and I'm in Hillsboro (Portland) Oregon. I'm an ASE certified Master Auto, Master Truck, Master Auto Body and Master Machinist. I work as a "Vehicle Inspector", verifying mechanical damage failures for warranty companies, end of lease and used vehicle inspections on heavy equipment, semis...
I'm an old school (RWD) Toyota fanatic, especially Celicas powered by the 20/22R/RE, and the last of the Coronas.

I now have an '82 RX7 GSL as well. I acquired it for the great price of free! I'd been the mechanic on it for over a year, helping out the owner who is a good friend of my daughters. She finally got a Subi, as she'd been wanting one for quite some time, and two hours later was in an accident before she even got insurance. She asked me if I could get it road worthy, and I jokingly said "Yeah, but by the time I finish with that and all the work I've done on the RX7, you can just give me the RX7." Half an hour later, she texted me and said "My parents said that is a great idea!" (It was her parents car - gift to her.)
I drove it for a while and LOVE it - it's like a little go-cart! I have now "loaned" it to one of my daughters to drive until she can get herself something - but she's fallen in love with it, even though it only gets about 15 MPG around town and 20 on the freeway. It has Konigs and 205/50R15 BFG Comp T/As, a header, Magnaflow cat, some porting, some weak-ass lowering springs, KYBs and... I don't know what all.

My daily driver is an '81 Toyota Corona wagon. It's chassis is almost identical to the Celica of the same years (1" longer wheel base), so I've upgraded to 3rd gen Celica ('82-'85) strut tubes that are shortened with AGX 4x adjustable struts, coilover springs and have upgraded to '87-'88 Cressida rotors and calipers. It has an Addco Supra sway bar (28mm), all urethane bushings, boxed 3rd gen Celica lower control arms, RCAs (roll center adjusters), camber plates... The rear end is the bigger 7.5" (Celicas/Coronas got a 6.7") out of a Mk I ('79-'81) Supra (SRA) with disc brakes and an LSD. The wagon is the only Celica/Corona that got leaf springs, so I've pulled three factory leafs and put in two sets of Hilux pickup overload springs, upside down, which lowered and stiffened the rear. The rear shocks are AGXs, 8x adjustable for a Camaro. I had a built "hybrid" 20/22R (20R head on a 22R block) motor, but lunched it, so it is currently running an almost stock 20R. It has a mildly ported and shaved head with oversize SS valves and a TRD stage 1 cam, along with all of my bolt-ons from the old motor - Cannon intake with a Weber 32/36, Thorley Tri-Y header, Magnaflow cat, Dynomax "Bullet" glasspack after the cat and a Borla turbo type muffler at the back, MSD 6A box and blaster coil, 140 amp GM CS144 alternator, umm, I don't know what all else I may be missing. It also has 3rd Gen Celica GT-S / Mk II Supra seats - made by Recaro - VERY comfortable! It has Cressida 15” wheels and BFG “Pro Touring” 205/60R15s, soon to be upgraded to an ultra-high performance all season (BFG Comps, Kuhmo, Toyo…)

I also have 4 (yes, four) Celicas in my shop. My ’78 ST Coupe, my ex-wife’s ’79 ST, my youngest daughters ’79 ST, and my (one of 4,14 ’85 GT-S convertible (my ex has one also). I also have the back half of both an ’83 GT-S Liftback (it wasn’t worth rebuilding) and an ’85 GT-S coupe that will become a trailer for my convertible.

With my youngest daughter

With my wagon

My ex and her convertible

Here’s a photochop of my trailer (my convertible is black, as is the coupe)

And the “license plate” I’m going to have made for it (trailers in Oregon under 2,000 lbs don’t need a license)

Liftback - future trailer
a2ndopinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:10 AM   #130
fastrider213

Hi guys new to the forum

Names Danny I just picked up a 88 fc convertible N/A hope to learn a lot and helpful tips from you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fastrider213 is offline   Reply With Quote