Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 1st Generation

1st Generation 1979-1985 Discussion

Old 09-26-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
Lvlistchif

Default 1983 rx7 buck on shifting and major throttle needed in first gear movement
Having an issue, in first gear the car will cut off very easily because when you push the throttle it requires so much to get the car moving. Then when you shift the problem comes back again which makes it begin to buck again. When you driving at regular speed cruising it's fine. It almost seems as if it's just in-between gears and initially going into gear. It requires so much gas and clutch dancing to get the car to move without stalling. Any idea on where to start looking for the issue? Also when I go to move sometime I push the pedal to the floor and I get no rpm response. It will just sit at 1k rpm. I have to play with the throttle a couple times before the rpm will start to move.

Last edited by Lvlistchif; 09-26-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Lvlistchif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #2
Lvlistchif

Default hello?
anyone have any input on this problem? just trying to begin a troubleshoot on this problem. Any help would be greatly appreicated thank you
Lvlistchif is offline   Reply With Quote