Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 09-24-2010, 03:18 AM   #21
HeyImJohn

Yeah that makes sense, you buy silencers seperatly rite?.. Now I'm looking for seats I've found nice bride seats two for 500 free shipping there the non adjustable bucket seats I like but my dad doesent like them he wants me to get ones that I can adjust even though I insisnt the non adjustable ones r comfortable and I don't need to adjust it but whatever i'm not sure yet. And my exhaust is the stock one rite now missing the muffler I was going to et the exhaust first since it's more neccessay then headers after is that ok? Or should I Try and replace both at the same time or headers first
HeyImJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:33 AM   #22

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Take your time & get things you want. The N1's should have the silencers, if they don't yes you can get them seperately. On the seats Fixed back seats are nice, but are not for everyone. What may be comfortable for you may not be for someone else. Get the exh if you are missing a muffler then get the header when you can afford it.
BoostedFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #23
HeyImJohn

Yeah that's what I'll prob do exhaust first headers second even though I Wount have a turbo I think my ca should be decently fast with just an intake the exhaust and headers......rite? There's not much else I can do besides turbo swap it's not like I can get race pistons or race cams lol
Old 09-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #24

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Decently quick yes. Let us know how things work out.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:36 AM   #25
HeyImJohn

Yeah I'll keep this thread updated, i'll post pics of my car and any updates with my car, as of now it's in the body shop work starts monday I believe.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #26
HeyImJohn

Dad tells me I can't drive the car if it doesent have airbags.. Tryed to explain with a five pt race harness I dnt need airbags but he still isn't convinced...
Old 09-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #27

black rocket
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by HeyImJohn View Post
Dad tells me I can't drive the car if it doesent have airbags.. Tryed to explain with a five pt race harness I dnt need airbags but he still isn't convinced...
I myself a parent and I don't blame your dad to be concerned. My daughter had a roll over accident along with her friends and airbag didn't deploy...

If you can install a "good" roll cage along with a set of "good" 5 pt?

I have a parts car that was wrecked, supposedly doing over 90 and amazingly, the driver lived to tell about the wreck.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:48 AM   #28
HeyImJohn

Idk about rol cages those r really expensive but he still wants me to get an airbag idk I showed him five pt harnesses n he just stared at the pics for a little n considerd it I'm gunna tell him about that 90mph with fve pt harnes and survived line hopefully it helps
Old 09-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #29

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Only two of my cars have airbags & one of those my son will be driving next yr. I have no problem with him driving an older car not equiped with airbags. If you live under his roof then you should play by the rules he sets.

Tags
1989, gxl, rx7, turbo