Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #21
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Alright, and theres lights underneath those too, those do light up correct? Is that what the switch infront of the glove compartment is for? But do u thin these will work? http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-A...ign=GoogleBase. It says its compatable with 5"-5 1/2 springs (width?) i measure a spring from the front and theres a small width side thats 2 1/4 inches wide and the wider i think top side is 5 1/4 does that sound good? I need to find what i need and register my car asap ive been waiting tooo long
rx7Noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 AM   #22

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

The blinkers are under the FTP's. I have never used the Tanabe springs & don't know the diameter of the spring. Whatever the springs diameter is find the spring the matching spacer for the diameter.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #23
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

...then whats the switch in front of the center constol, under the electric suspension sport n normal switches (which i have no clue how that works) but the measurements all work but it says with stock stub cars.. Whats a stub? Sorry about all the questions ive had the car since last summer im trying to get it on the road already
Old 02-22-2011, 05:31 AM   #24

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Not sure of what the button on the switch panel is, take a pic for us it's been awhile since I have seen one not altered. I'm going to guess that who ever owned the car before you disabled the auto suspension. It was an option that allowed the driver to choose between two settings.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #25
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Idk i press normal and sport and nothing does anything, should the car lower? And yeah this sucks im not sure what to do, idk if spring spacer will even fit with the tanabe springs im gunna go to pep boys tmrw n ask about new springs hopefully bringing it back to oem will help if not the spacers will work w those
Old 02-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #26

black rocket
Full Access Member

Those are the ones that equipped with auto adjust suspension (AAS). You've got ck all of your actuators as well as control unit.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #27
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Ck?.... What?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #28

black rocket
Full Access Member

On top of each strut/suspension there should be electrical units. If you want to ck for its operation you'll need to see if they all work first. How familiar are you with electrical? Connectors sux, wiring sux from the beginning and most connections are corroded.

Before you get into cosmetic aspects of FC I highly recommend correct problems by minimum of using contact cleaners and
remove corrosion before worrying about other stuff.

I've been replacing factory connectors & wiring with a quality weatherproof connectors and good quality wiring.

My personal opinion, if you have a solid foundation there will be much less headache down the road. That goes with vac lines and all the pluming to be replaced.

That's just me.

If you don't you WILL have countless issues that you'd want shoot your FC shortly.

Had to throw in my 2 cents!

Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #29

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

When I said disabled the auto adjust feature I have a feeling the previous owner took off the actuators. Something you are not doing right man, I'm sorry to tell you. The Eibach/Ground Controls should have fit no problem to give you the adjustments you needed. Second something doesn't sound right about you car being 2" off the ground with the Tanabe springs unless someone cut the lowering springs. Third just my opinion at stock height the car with the kit is going to look a little funny. Most people who use those kits are looking for the aggressive stance. BTW pick up a shop manual.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #30
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Idk i thought they should fit too idk, the lowering springs and bodykit make it too low and i dont think the electric suspensions too important? I dont need it and idk im either gunna buy spacers or new springs