Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #21

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

You could spend the money on that chip thing then spend the money for the time on the dyno if you would like. Remember you will need to get a base line to compare to so before & after install of the chip on the same car. It also has a lot of claims you would need to monitor such as fuel consumption ect. Under the link I provided earlier on piggybacks & standalones there was a link to Jet performance. You send them the ECU & they will chip it then send it back to you. There a few other companies that offer similar services. Chipped ECU are very limited to what you will gain in return & are generally set to certain parameters with no alterations can be made.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #22
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

So its basically not even worth it lol, im not gunna bother w/ performance anymore racing beat headers & then a wideband & tune seem to be the only sensible thing to do
rx7Noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #23

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

A full exhaust (header back), clutch/flywheel combo & a some sort of cold air intake is a good start. Try looking here they have some decent stuff. http://www.corksport.com/

Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #24
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

I just put on two new apexi n1 style mufflers w 3.5 inch outlit and i have my reg intake pipe into a 4 inch big k&n cone filter as a cold air
Old 04-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #25

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Did you ever get any pics of the car so we here can see the progress?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #26
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Nah i didnt =\ im waiting, some day this week me and my friend are gunna take our cars somewhere to take pics. Also ive decieded to re-do my exhaust because my friends exhaust broke off rite before the resonator and it made the cabin viberate alot after 3k rpms jus like mine does, i think i have a hole in my exhaust so im going to cut off everything before the piping after the y pipe that was just replace to my new mufflers, i believe the stock exhaust is 2.25" should i replace it w/ 2.25 or go to 2.5, im gunna put a high flow cat too (magnaflow)
Old 04-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #27

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Nothing larger then a 2.5" if you do decide to change it & Maganaflow makes good products.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #28
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Do you think ill Gain hp making it 2.5"? Also in the future im prob gunna get a 2.5" ebay header. Like this: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=30664278405 do u think with my cold air, those headers and a 2.5" exhaust w/ my n1 mufflers 3.5" tips ill gain some power? I also expect to backfire real nice >=]
Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #29

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

That header looks like a direct copy of the Racing Beat road race header. I'm just going to say this, with a complete exhaust & intake you will net some extra power, just don't expect a massive increase. They will allow the motor to breath better & are great starting points.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #30
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Im not expecting a huge increase just any notable difference, & i jus need to get a 2 step after that exhaust n ill offcially have the most entertaining car lmao