Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 1st Generation

1st Generation 1979-1985 Discussion

Old 03-21-2004, 04:54 AM   #1
84gslse

Send a message via AIM to 84gslse
Default new guy with an se
Hey guys im new to the forum, i have an 84 gslse as you could tell by the name, i have an intake, racing beat lowering springs (front), sp performance diamond slotted rotors (front), hawk ferra-carbon brake pads front, and some off-brand rims. im going to have a little cash in a couple of months and was looking to swap in a tII motor any good deals or ideas you guys have would be awesome. btw, i live in great falls, ill have my car up here in a month or two its back with my parents in tucson, az right now. we need the left caliper and right caliper, mounting bracket and backing plate if you know of anyone who has these off of a gslse please let me know so i can get my rx on the road again
84gslse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 09:10 AM   #2

Shaggy
Administrator

Default Re: new guy with an se
Originally Posted by 84gslse
Hey guys im new to the forum, i have an 84 gslse as you could tell by the name, i have an intake, racing beat lowering springs (front), sp performance diamond slotted rotors (front), hawk ferra-carbon brake pads front, and some off-brand rims. im going to have a little cash in a couple of months and was looking to swap in a tII motor any good deals or ideas you guys have would be awesome. btw, i live in great falls, ill have my car up here in a month or two its back with my parents in tucson, az right now. we need the left caliper and right caliper, mounting bracket and backing plate if you know of anyone who has these off of a gslse please let me know so i can get my rx on the road again
Now are you thinking of selling your SE...or keeping it and getting the TII??

Nice car by the way..

Funny thing is I live in AZ. Just north of Tucson!
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:48 AM   #3
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to 2ROTORMOTOR Send a message via MSN to 2ROTORMOTOR
welcome!! Well I really dont know much about fb's, but I might be able to help you out with the swap if you need to. Also about those clipers, why dont you change them to the 2nd gens 4 piston calipers?? I think its worth the labor and money( which should be minimal).

Old 03-25-2004, 02:10 AM   #4
84gslse

hey guys i found the parts i need in sacramento, ca. and i am ordering them in a couple of days. right now i am in great falls, montana. i just got stationed here two weeks ago (air force). so once my dad installs them i will fly down to tucson and drive it back up to great falls. i will be having about 3k to dump into the car to hopefully get the t2 engine and tranny into my car

Old 03-25-2004, 02:24 AM   #5

Shaggy
Administrator

Thats great to hear. Will you be doing the install yourself?

I hope the AirForce doesn't slow you done on posting here..
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:36 AM   #6
84gslse

yeah i should be doing the install myself as much as i can might have a couple of my friends help me out but im definitely not going to take it to a shop and pay a grip of money for them to do it. i have had enough experience with the mechanics not to trust them to do teh job without jacking something else up. should be buying my jdm motor in 2-3 months at the very latest. hopefully the air force doesnt slow me down from posting here.

Old 03-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #7
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to 2ROTORMOTOR Send a message via MSN to 2ROTORMOTOR
ok cool man. Yea try if you lived closer I would help you out.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #8
dustinbutler

Send a message via MSN to dustinbutler
i need to swap a 12 A engine to a 12B does any one know what the differance is and how much work it is to change it over???