Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #11
[email protected]

oh EMS, OK now I get it. duh. I don't know if my 80 has a computer in it. It's a carb type so... but see that's the whole thing, I want to simplify the system. Get it down to compression, gas, O2, and spark. So an AFB w/ a regular header type exhaust would be cool if it can be done w/ the rotary motor. The only thing I've thought of as far as compicated is to inject water into the motor relationary to the RPM so as to create higher compression. Or maybe NO2. I really don't care if there is unburned fuel involved. Hey drag cars don't worry to much about sending lots of fuel in.... lol but that's about it. See that way if something fails you can find it without having to be a rocket scientist or having to ck out fifty electronic sensors etc. It comes down to in goes air & gas compress it and spark it simple boom. Go fast. ck you guys soon. dj
dejmeister@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #12

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Yes a simple carb set up, header, open exhaust & maybe a shot of nitrous will provide you with quick running car. Everyone has a different idea of what fast is, so that's why I say quick. You could use a water injection set up, but may be more then what you need. What is the purpose for this car, this will better help us help you? I see you want fast, but there is more then adding power to get fast. look at the the other factors & you will be more successful in your build.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #13
[email protected]

I just like the idea of not having to deal w/ emmission control garbage and all the sensors therein. If one could put a regular carb and a header pipe then it would be rather simple and easy to fix. One other thing, as I did the clutch manuals stated that the flywheel nut has a washer that has a tab on it. Mine did not have a washer, nor is there a slot in the output shaft for the washer to slid over to forstall the washer from moving around with the nut. Is it supposed to have a washer w/o a tab on the inside? thank doug
dejmeister@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote