Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 03-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Exclamation And so the problems continue..
So as some of you know ive had suspension problems and allsorts of stuff, now my suspensions good put all the interior together and registerd the car n got plates, now all i needed was to change my brake pads tmrw and im good to drive my 89 n/a gxl, however today putting in my new shift boot i was engaging the gears and since i got the car i had good resistance im guessing its a relativly new or good condition clutch, after i put the boot on i started the car n hit the clutch and the clutch had almost no resistance except rite before it hit the floor and wount engage gears when the cars running only when the cars off, my guess would be the clutch line broke? Does this sound correct? If so how easy is it to replace with a steel braded line
rx7Noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:20 AM   #2

black rocket
Full Access Member

I would ck clutch master & slave and would look into replacing a hose in between.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

If the clutch line snapped would it be on the floor? And i told my dad n he said he knows what that is, hopefully he does.. My car was delayed another week n it was supposed to be good for me to drive monday now if this cant be repaired tmrw im gunna have to wait another week -_-
Old 03-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

So, my clutch disconnected...?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #5

black rocket
Full Access Member

Its a hydraulic clutch system. When you press on a clutch pedal you pressurize master and then on to slave. Look at the pedal and see if everything looks ok, then ck your clutch master down to slave. That's how it works.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
rx7Noobie
Full Access Member

Hahah nah my dad said apparently the clutch cable disconnected and he fixed it? Thats weird how does that happen just from me pressig the clutch