Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 1st Generation

1st Generation 1979-1985 Discussion

Old 08-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
DianeDebra

Default Un-pucken-believable!
Ok, I was given a 1983 Rx-7 as a gift. This person wanted to surprise me so he went looking for one on his own. I was definitely surprised, only to end up extremely frustrated, and a bit angry, not at him, but the people he bought it from. Cosmetically, it has great promise, mechanically, it does not!
So here's my problem: First, the biggest is that the car hes noooo power. After replacing the water pump, the starter, the clutch fan, the radiator, the clutch master cylinder, and the distributor , just to mention a few, the car still has no power. When I say now power, I mean I've never been able to get it to go fast enough to get it into 4th gear. I starts right up and does not smoke. It has a new everything (cap, rotor, plugs, wires, etc.), but no difference. It is running on 1 rotor... It is Un-pucken-believable!
DianeDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #2

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

By running on one rotor you mean no compression on one side then you need a rebuild. Sorry you are having problems, but if the the motor needs a rebuild then you could use this a time to do some internal upgrades & porting. Which will help in increasing power & durability.