Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Classifieds > Cars For Sale or Want

Cars For Sale or Want Want to sell you car or looking to buy? Post it here, and find a new home for it!

Old 07-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
ForceFed

Default FS: 93 CYM 45kmi original
I know this is my first post on this forum but I have been a long standing member over at the other RX-7 forums and kindly ask that you take a look at my ad. Thanks!

The car is located in Charlotte, NC
Unfortunately, it's time to sell the 7. I've had alot of fun with this car in the 5 or 6 years that i've owned it but it is time to get something a little more sensible. Here is the rundown on the car:
45kmi original on both the body and the engine. The engine runs 100% and then some. No hard starts when the engine is hot, no funny noises, great oil pressure, etc, etc.
Over the years I have been quite "fanatical" about the maintenance of the engine.
Oil changes have been done at every 500 mile interval, Marvel mystery oil has been used at nearly every single fuel fillup and the coolant gets flushed every single spring. Some call it fanatical, I call it not wanting to shell out for a new engine.

The body has no dings, no dents and the paint is in exceptional condition for the year of the car. The interior is also in excellent condition with slight peeling only next to where the odometer is on the car and a small spot on the arm rest for your right arm. The only way you can see them is if you are specifically looking for it.

The only mods on the car is a silicon vac hose job, Pettit Racing ground strap, Tokico 5 ways and Racing Beat springs. I did about 90% of the vac hose job and I simply ran out of time and patience and had Rotor Sports Racing in Kannapolis, NC finish up the last couple of hoses and button it back up. They checked the turbos shaft play and said the turbos were in excellent shape. Oh, and the car comes with a MOMO shift knob. Unfortunately I can't seem to find my original shift knob. I think I lost it in the move from Upstate NY to Charlotte, NC.

Anyways, the car has a slight oil leak coming from one of the oil cooler lines. I put the car up and took the front windage tray off and found that the oil was coming from one of the oil cooler lines, but couldn't locate the exact leak. I do however know it is not coming from the engine itself or the oil pan either. The oil leaks at about the rate of 1 quart every 500-1000 miles (if you were to drive the car daily, which I have never done) so it is obviously a pretty slow leak. [I have the car listed over at the other RX7 forum and listed the leak at 1 quart about every 300-500 miles, which was incorrect and the forum wouldn't let me edit my post. This ad is more accurate]
Also, the antenna mast will go up but will not go all the way down without some assistance. Aside from that, the car is 100%. My price is $17,800 OBO. Some pics below:

ForceFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:12 AM   #2
DRFTFC3S

Send a message via AIM to DRFTFC3S Send a message via Yahoo to DRFTFC3S
clean bump for a clean FD....if i was near where u are i would have bought it no doubt. hope u sold it

Old 10-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
ForceFed

Originally Posted by DRFTFC3S
clean bump for a clean FD....if i was near where u are i would have bought it no doubt. hope u sold it
Thanks for the compliments. I sold the car a few months back and got everything I was asking for it. It was very difficult to let her go but unfortunately it was time to move on. I bought a BMW 540I 6-speed with the 4.4L V8 and I couldn't have made a better choice on the replacement.
ForceFed is offline   Reply With Quote