Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 06-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
cproff85

Default 1990 convert w/13bnon turbo
I'm new to rx, the orginal drive train was turbo/auto somewhere a 13b standard was installed. rotary sound good and runs good while in throttle but surges when i try to cruise at slower speeds. I replaced plugs changed all fluids. Can anybody give me an idea where to start. Also the actuators on passenger side have been wired open. what's up with that.
cproff85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 AM   #2
cproff85

anti-freeze coming out of overflow tank, replaced thermo and radiator cap still overflowing like cap isn't holding pressure in, any suggestions?:
cproff85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
WordySanchez

I'd put a pressure gauge on the radiator cap opening. For one thing you're guaranteed it'll hold pressure, for another you can watch to see if pressure is surging.

Actuators being wired open isn't killing you, but probably robbing you of a small amount of low end torque. Can't imagine it causing your low-speed surging though, never heard of it causing that.

Also, FYI unless you have a Japanese cabrio your car didn't come with a 13bt, so that 13b might be original or it might be a replacement but the car came with originally w/ a NA motor.

Also, auto trannies have been notorious for overheating motors, and premature engine death is way more common w/ autos over manuals.
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote