Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 1st Generation

1st Generation 1979-1985 Discussion

Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
superbee717

Question vacum secondarys not opening
ive recently bought a 1980 rx7 with a nikki 4bbl with vacum secondarys. with someone in car idling car i can manually open 4bbls and it works fine. linkage is operating as it should of course jetts are not plugged because i can open them manually. i just replaced the vacum secondary diaphram with one out of a junk yard because maza doesnt offer a rebuild kit or a new one. sprayed carburetor cleaner around vacum lines doesnt seem to have a vacum leak. wondering if anyone of you guys might have a good guess of what i might try next. the car only has 79k miles and runs but doesnt idle very well . keeps cutting off if you let of the acceerator but doesnt run rough. checked vacum lines with a hose to my ear still cant find a vacum leak. also replaced fuel filter. i dont think its a timing or ignition issue because like i said before when i open secondarrys manually it sounds good and runs strong. thanks for any information. i have reached my ropes end.

Last edited by superbee717; 08-30-2011 at 12:28 PM.
superbee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
superbee717

i finally figured it out myself. took off vacum secondary diaphram box with three screws holding it on. blew compressed air through the vacum port. it works great now

Last edited by superbee717; 03-13-2012 at 03:47 PM.
superbee717 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacum secondarys