Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Members Area > Site Comments, suggestions, and questions.

Site Comments, suggestions, and questions. Let us know what you want to see on this site. Post it all here!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
1stGenNa4Now

Send a message via Yahoo to 1stGenNa4Now
Default Rotary Shack and other criminals
I have not posted on here for a long time. Its been over a year since I started the overhaul on my rx7. To make a long stressful story short, I understand now why so many people hate rx7's and why they are not around. It seems to me that the people that are knowledgeable on these vehicles want to make it so they are the only ones driving them.
I started my build with a bridgeported 12a engine. I looked around for shops near the area and found a man named Alex Haynoman who from what I heard was really good. I invited him to my home to help me in my build. We put the engine together and it ran. I wasn't familiar with rx7s keep in mind, and I trusted him. When the build was nearly done and I had been paying him as we went I didnt hear back from him. I didnt want to comtinue without him so I found a man name Rodney. He was a preacher at a church my family had attended for some years so I thought I could trust him. I invited him to my home so he could make sure everything was ready to go. He said it was fine and ran it for about 15 minutes. Then he left and I could not get a hold of him. My car then would not start.
I noticed then that my oil cooler was never hooked up. I started again finding a shop in Hanover park Illinois. Where the guys went and towed my car to their shop. Didnt hear back from them for nearly 3 months. I had been sending them money for parts. finaly I decide to head to their shop where my car was. The engine was in but didnt have an intake manifold and he claimed they couldnt get it started with the one I had. I had set my phone down while looking at my car and the next thing I know my phone is missing. In my anger I just asked them to tow it back to my house. They kept offering me trades but I wanted my car not a primered ae86. When I got home I checked my car and it was missing the oil cooler fuel pump and pioneer deck. I tried calling them but no answer.
Finaly I said screw it Ill do it myself. I ordered an oil cooler, intake and radiator from the rotary shack. Its been almost two months and I have not gotten my parts. Just a warning to anyone DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE ROTARY SHACK!! ROBERT LIVES STOLE MYMONEY AND REFUSES TO SEND MY PARTS!!!!!

Thanks for reading.
1stGenNa4Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #2

Shaggy
Administrator

Wow, not a very good experience with your car. I hope it finally works out for you!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
1stGenNa4Now

Send a message via Yahoo to 1stGenNa4Now
Tell me about it. She just sits in the garage now. Like so many other rx7's
1stGenNa4Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
680rwhp12a

Default i think you left some details out Edwin...
a good customer directed me to this thread and i would like to address the issue.
Below is the official Better Business Bureau complaint that was filed..

Better Business Bureau
Reference Information
Company ID: 100014073
Complaint ID: 98622267
Open Date: 7/7/2011
Close Date: 10/11/2011

Complaint Details

COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 970
COLTON, CA 92324
PHONE: (909) 835-6064 FAX: (909) 825-6246

Customer Information
Edwin Perez
5842 South 109th Street
Hales Corners, WI 53130

Company Information
Rotary Shack
9344 Oso Avenue, Unit J
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Phone: (81 576-9191
Fax: (81 576-9125

Complaint Description - Posted: 7/7/2011
Consumer alleges, On June 14, 2011 I ordered an intake manifold for my car and I was told by the company to purchase a money gram to send payment. I paid $736.00 and I have not received the part. Calls made to the representative to ask about my order have gone unanswered. Please contact me regarding the status of my order. I want the part I ordered or please send me a full refund.
Customers' Desire Settlement - Posted: 7/7/2011
Please contact me regarding the status of my order. I want the part I ordered or please send me a full refund.
Company's Response - Posted: 9/19/2011
Wow!! Really. There is a lot missing here!. This customer bought a custom complete intake kit. E mailed the customer pictures of the finished product. Customer then advised me not to ship the parts. He ordered a custom race all aluminum radiator and he wanted everything to ship at one time. He sent the money for the radiator several weeks later, then the radiator was built. When it was completed, his order shipped. I didn't hear back for several weeks maybe longer. When the customer contacted me, he explained he was in jail and he didn't know where the parts were. When rotaryshack ships parts you need to sign for them, if the person does not sign for them the get returned to the sender.
Consumer's Rebuttal - Posted On: 10/6/2011
Consumer states since the parts already paid for when does he get his parts? He has tried to contact the company but they refuse to speak with because he involved the BBB. His girlfriend lived at the address while he was in jail but she never received the parts. Prior to him going to jail he requested a tracking number but the company denied his request. If the company cannot send the parts he is requesting a full refund.
Company's Final Response - Posted: 10/7/2011
I provided a tracking # via text message per customers request. parts were not signed for and returned to shipper stamped" treat as abandoned, return to sender". As I stated once already, the entire order can be re shipped once shipping is paid. this is a large package so shipping was not cheap the first time(seller covered shipping) so it is fair that I request shipping the second go around. please send $80.00 and your order will ship priority with tracking info. this is a custom made order for this customer so there are no refunds!!!! please read the disclaimer on the website. thank you
Additional Information
Primary Complaint Type:
Date Problem First Occurred: 7/5/2011
Date Purchased: 6/14/2011
Product or Service: General Auto Repair Services
Model Name or Number:
Invoice Number:
Amount Paid: $736.00
Response Term:

Last edited by 680rwhp12a; 01-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.
680rwhp12a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
680rwhp12a

Red face
i would also like to add that after the complaint was closed out we did keep in contact by phone, and text. He agreed to pay the shipping and gave me an alternate address to ship the parts but never sent the money to re-ship the products. i have tried contacting him and have not gotten a response in quite some time.I sent a letter to both addresses i have and have not received a response either. im afraid he might have gone back to jail again. regardless, Edwin i have your parts and they are ready to ship .

Rotaryshack has a worldwide customer base stretching all the way to Norway, Finland,Australia, Russia,New Zealand, Canada,Puerto Rico, to name a few and most are satisfied repeat customers . i must say reading some of their comments i get from them on my Facebook can be quite a challenge! i try my best to keep everybody happy but im not perfect, i do constantly strive to improve and will continue to do so. rotary love is in my blood and im not going anywhere!!! happy new year!!!!

Last edited by 680rwhp12a; 01-05-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Bartste

I also bought parts from Rotary Shack, at first he answered quickly, then no answer and I never received my parts, yet everything is paid for a long time!

Yet I see here that it has internet access, but he refuses to respond to mails ...
I will try facebook to complet the transaction

Last edited by Bartste; 01-10-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Bartste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #7
680rwhp12a

Originally Posted by Bartste View Post
I also bought parts from Rotary Shack, at first he answered quickly, then no answer and I never received my parts, yet everything is paid for a long time!

Yet I see here that it has internet access, but he refuses to respond to mails ...
I will try facebook to complet the transaction

pm sent. thank you and happy new year
Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
Bartste

Hi Robert! PM replied

About my business with Robert, I have not received anything yet but we managed to communicate, the package is stuck somewhere between America and Switzerland
I hope we find a solution soon ...

Robert was having problems e-mail appears, now it's fixed.
Bartste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
TENAZ

Arrow Rotary Shack and other criminals
Originally Posted by Bartste View Post
Hi Robert! PM replied

About my business with Robert, I have not received anything yet but we managed to communicate, the package is stuck somewhere between America and Switzerland
I hope we find a solution soon ...

Robert was having problems e-mail appears, now it's fixed.

I'd like to believe it .... like I did last year
in court with him for a FRAUD Case.
We got an agreement but never he fullfit his part making the payments....
Now since September 15th 2011 we got a judgment against him and his business for $5,300.00
TENAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #10
680rwhp12a

Originally Posted by TENAZ View Post
I'd like to believe it .... like I did last year
in court with him for a FRAUD Case.
We got an agreement but never he fullfit his part making the payments....
Now since September 15th 2011 we got a judgment against him and his business for $5,300.00
i really hope your kidding..
you meant to say you filed a lawsuit against me two years ago for $23,000 for fraud(you claimed i took your money and gave you your car back in pieces wich was b.s. ... you left a lot out to say the least , lol) and a day before our trial began your lawsuit had fizzled down to breech of contract and in our last mandatory settlement conference you settled on $5,300. but there was conditions on the settlement agreement, notice i didn't say judgment.... yes it was a mutual settlement agreement, that had stipulations.... that you agreed on, and did not abide to.. one was the settlement agreement was confidential .. what did you do, ? not keep it confidential,posting your crap lies on the forums, thereby loosing any chance of ever getting anything..... so now you get nothing and you opened yourself up for another lawsuit against yourself..... how far will you go?

to see all the latest projects that rotaryshack is working on find us on facebook and like us.. lots of cool projects and lots in the mix!! i would like to thank all the loyal rotaryshack customers for sticking by me and i appreciate it!