Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
HeyImJohn

Exclamation New to rotary help appreciated!
Ok, so I went to an auction two weeks ago and just went for fun and before the end of the auction I saw a sexy Japanese automobile... I started bidding on it and ended up winning a 89 rx7 gxl 5 speed for $650, the car had Rims already on it, hids, new springs I believe, ac works &heat however the interior was all screwed up like someone ransacked the car but most of the interior was still in the car which I put back. anyway, it's an FC and it's got 156k miles and it runs good,to cut to the chase, I was thinking of making it a turbo, can I buy a turbo kit or do I have to swap a turbo2 engine? All I can find is ppl doing swaps, But other then that, headlight motors are apparently burned and the rightside mirror is broken off, and the sunroof cable is broken I think, so I just ordered the motors and mirrors, body work is done after I order my bodykit it's going to paint then I was planning on buying an apexi n1 dual exhaust and pacesetter headers rite now all it's got besides stock is an air breather and big k&n air filter, any answers on my turbo question or advice how I can make more power on this n/a car is appreciated. Now I have to look for replacement racing seats since the stock ones have been sliced up -.-

Last edited by HeyImJohn; 08-11-2010 at 05:47 AM.
HeyImJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1989, gxl, rx7, turbo