Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 3rd Generation

3rd Generation 1993-Current Discussion

Old 12-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
ChaosPro

Default i am new and i just bought a FD i ned advise
i just bought a 1994 rx-7 FD Grand touring and i got it for 10500 with 90003k miles. it is all stock just has a apex-i muffler and thats it i can start moding it from were ever i want any suggestion i just bought a turbo timer and harness and boost gages from greddy. were should i start for performance.
ChaosPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #2

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Well what are your goals for the car, what will the car's main purpose be, what kind of budget are you working with? You could always start with the suspension.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
Cklee

im in a similar spot, as far as looks just lower and rims is enough for me... might add an r1 lip and some kinda rear diffuser but they dont need much to look good!
Cklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #4

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Generally people will do wheels, suspension, exhaust, an intake & that will get them by until they have had time to to a little searching on what would be best for their particular car.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
EB Turbo

Send a message via AIM to EB Turbo
Once you replace the intake and both of the catalytic converters you will need a tune or your car will detonate. The Rotary engine cannot take much or sometimes any at all before engine failure. Good things to do is an R1 spoiler, Konis with ground control coilover kit, wheels and tires. Find a good reputable Rotary shop. Make sure it gets regular maintenance. small oil leaks turn into big oil leaks quickly, fuel smells are not something to disregard. ask as many questions as needed. These cars can be very fineky. make sure you have something else to drive when it is in the shop.

EB Turbo
EB Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:01 AM   #6
goukid2

Thumbs up
Plus 1. These cars are old. Is that the original engine? If it is i would do everything but doing power upgrades. Wheels, suspension, interior etc. Get a compression test if possible. Like EB turbo said these cars are very Fineky. Like babies. If the previous owner took care of her it will last for a few years. They're a blast to drive but you will definitely need a DD if you start modding your Rx-7.
goukid2 is offline   Reply With Quote