Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 3rd Generation

3rd Generation 1993-Current Discussion

Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
mazdarx77

Default rotary engines
hello im not very familiar with rotary engines. i wanted to buy a mazda rx7 and i wanted to know about it before i bought it thanks.
mazdarx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
mazdarx77

Default mazda rx7 as a first car
hi i really want to get and rx7 but my parents think its a bad idea because its old, the miles ect... what do you guys think? how long do you think the car will last before it would start to have problems. and also if i get an rx7 i am defiantly going to modify it to around 400hp to the weels. how lond you you think the engine would last then?

thanks
mazdarx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #3

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Your question is simple, reliability? Rotary powered vehicles can be reliable if maintained. How long something will last is relative & depends on the mods, driver, mileage & how the car is being maintained. These cars are old & there will be issues that need to be addressed. I personally don't see this as a good first car to be honest. Gas mileage is definitely on the shitty side, insurance will most likely be high for you, the car is a two seater so consider passengers to be out of the question & can be expensive. Listen to your parents, they no what's up.

BTW I merged your threads no need for a bunch pertaining to the same info.

Last edited by BoostedFC; 06-19-2012 at 09:39 PM.
BoostedFC is offline   Reply With Quote