Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 08-04-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
jaxrx7

Exclamation whinning trans and no acceleration
sooooo im new here just bought my 7 on sunday im having some issues with her the biggest is no acceleration when i bury the pedal however it has gotten noticably better i have wired open the 5th and 6th ports since i have 0 back pressure, replaced plugs and wires and cleaned the tps what else can i do i have been told to put seafoam in it but have also been told that it can mess up the apex seals whats the truth.....? the previous owner installed a stage two clutch and bled it and all however there is a whinning noise when driving in the trans should i be worried or is it normal i really dont want to burn thru a clutch right after buying it...... thats about it for now my sas dosnt work but i dont think its connected and i have no electric to radio checked fuses guessing its a bad ground.... o also i need a wiper switch and cant find one i can afford and there isnt one 7 in salvage yard till tampa im not driving 5 hours for a switch lol and autozone wants 1100 if any one has an extra please let me know
jaxrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #2

black rocket
Full Access Member

Welcome to RX-7 Forum! After you bought it did you change tranny oil? 3 primary things can be the cause worn gear, degraded/low oil issue and worn out bearing. I would recommend to ck your vac line for your acceration issue and I do have a spare wiper switch.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:51 AM   #3
jaxrx7

i didnt change the tranny oil because he had just installed the clutch and had it bled the day before if you recommend it be done i will have it done i do have a couple missing vac lines and it is going to the shop tomorrow to have coolant flushed and a few other things like the fact i cant restart after it driven i have to wait 10-15 min. im really hoping that it is just low oil in the trans. i cant afford to fix a bearing or gear lol omg the infamous switch there isnt a car for over a 100 miles here with one lol could you sell yours and ship it to jax lol. thnaks for the help. the acceleration cleared up this morning a rx7 owner here said to take the tps off and spray elect. cleaner in it sure enough idled better and ran smoother until this afternoon took it off again and its all corroded so i cleaned it and it was fine for about twenty mins then once again i cant accelerate hard or turn on ac with out it dying.... i noticed another set of screw holes next to the tps im thinking of trying to move it back to the next set of holes to give it higher idle...think that might work?
jaxrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #4

black rocket
Full Access Member

Sounds like you have injector leak and should be tended to. As to your tranny when you change keep your eyes on metallic particles may come out with oil. When I change tranny I drain and clean the daylight internal with mineral spirit before fill it with a quality oil, I use Royal Purple. TPS situation, on the other hand, doesn't sound right for some reason...