Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 1st Generation

1st Generation 1979-1985 Discussion

Old 04-16-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
rotarhead

Default 13 b turbo 2
im looking for a 13b turbo 2 engine for my 81 rx-7...i have the gay 12a and its slow ...i need more power....help please

Trevor

81' 12a Rx-7
rotarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:53 PM   #2

black rocket
Full Access Member

Wish you luck...

I'm looking for another sprae 13BT myself.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Canaduh
Full Access Member

Send a message via MSN to Canaduh
Okay, i have posted this a bazillion times, and if i could make a sticky i would. http://www.osakajdmmotors.com Has the CHEAPEST prices i have ever seen, and the engines are guaranteed under 35000 miles. They are located in canada, but the prices are in USD, and im sure shipping would be the biggest factor. But like i said, 650$ for a TII engine, with less then 35000 miles on it, and it comes with ECU and harness and all that good stuff, You can't beat that. People sell these engines without the turbo for like 1000 on other forums, So here's my 2 cents! Goodluck.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
dustinbutler

Send a message via MSN to dustinbutler
i got a 84 mazda with a 12a i wana change to a 13 b 1987 whats the diferance?????????????????

Old 05-24-2005, 02:54 AM   #5
1GFDRIFTER

Send a message via AIM to 1GFDRIFTER
i also have a 79' 12a and want to do the swap is it difficult
1GFDRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:05 AM   #6
1rotor

Originally Posted by Canaduh
Okay, i have posted this a bazillion times, and if i could make a sticky i would. http://www.osakajdmmotors.com Has the CHEAPEST prices i have ever seen, and the engines are guaranteed under 35000 miles. They are located in canada, but the prices are in USD, and im sure shipping would be the biggest factor. But like i said, 650$ for a TII engine, with less then 35000 miles on it, and it comes with ECU and harness and all that good stuff, You can't beat that. People sell these engines without the turbo for like 1000 on other forums, So here's my 2 cents! Goodluck.
I am looking for another 12a or an n/a 13b and this website has neither. Anyone know where i can find one and for how much?(Dont say the dealership...)
1rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
TII

Send a message via MSN to TII
:P I have 13b's laying around in my room at home :P
(i think i have rotary dependancy issues)

Cheapest way to get a TII motor would be through an importer that gets them from a suplier in japan. Problem with this is despite what they tell you the kms are on the motor are often not what they say :P

12a is smaller displacement, carbed motor (can get an FI setup but in japan only and was SUPER limited production)
13b went fuel injected, larger siplacement, lighter rotating mass, more power :P

If you willing to travel to Vancouver Canada 1rotor, i can give you a running 12a for nothing othere than your trouble to come and pick it up. It has 48,345kms on the motor. It was the one that i built for the GSL but then built a full PP 12a and now im running that one.
This one is stock porting, stock everything (used all new parts except the rotors themselves).

TII is offline   Reply With Quote