Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
Darkstar

Default 1986 fc3c N/A needs motor restoration
Ok,so i bought a fc3c as a projectcar/firstcar and im kinda stumped on 3 things.
1) my engine will not lay over.it sat for 3 years and the owner said that the last
time he drove it,it over heated and he never got around to fixing it.I've done my research and i have come to the conclusion that the o-rings are bad (not sure if you'd callem shot)

2) when i press in the clutch it resists very little until it passes the brake pedal then just drops.i then have to pull it back to reset it.I just purchased a new slave cylinder cause it needs one anyway.i havent installed it yet though.

3) probably something i did.I just dropped in a new radio and when the keys are out of the car the radio still stays on.i only have 2 speakers in it and i cant getem past 20.today i added a small pioneer speaker and it wont go pass 6.any suggestions?

Any help would be nice.as far as engine wise i've considered buying this

http://www.bestofjdm.com/JDM-ENGINE-.../jdmmazda3.htm

my cars currently naturally aspirated but i plan to make it turboed down the road anyway.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #2

sidewaysFC
Full Access Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sidewaysFC
What do you mean the moter will not lay over, and if the engine was overheated then your coolent seals may be blown . in wich case the car would have the same simptems of a blown head gasket on a piston engine and would requier a rebuild.and as for your clutch problem I would make sure your clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder are leak free ,and bleed the system to make sure theres no air in the system.
sidewaysFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Darkstar

i have bled the lines.as for the motor i turn the key it clicks fuel pump starts but nothing else happens
Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 AM   #4

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

The motor is going to need a rebuild if it blew a coolant seal & the fact that it sat this long with bad seals & most likely carbon build up it's not going anywhere. Seeing that you are looking at Turbo motors, I'm going to tell you make sure you get all the associated items. ( harness, ecu & sensors)

Last edited by BoostedFC; 04-14-2011 at 06:12 AM.
BoostedFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
Darkstar

Will you check the ink i provided and see if its legit?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #6

sidewaysFC
Full Access Member

yea it sounds like that moter is probably seased up , have you ever swaped a moter before.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
Darkstar

not a car motor but i have done smaller motorized vehicles.but i do have a friend who has done motor swaps but hes not familiar with rotarys
Old 04-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #8

sidewaysFC
Full Access Member

Go to realworldsolutions.com they sell a prity good video that shows you how to remove the engine and swap in a new one . I was in the same boat your in right now I bought an fc as my first car with a blown engine if I would of had this video my first swap would of been alot less ugly.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #9
Darkstar

thanks for the help.now the thing is to get the funds lol.i got this car for a steal at 250 thugh so i still got a bit before i equal out to a running one
Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #10

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

About the link you provided, it looks like most of the other engine importers. As far as being legit, I wouldn't know never got anything from them. If they are who decide to go with, give us some feedback if a good distributor or not. Also check the prices (with harness, ECU, tranny or just motor).