Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
triumph71

Default Dash Warning Lights...
I read throught the FAQ and found the description below for when all the warning lights come on. I have this similar problem, but they come on every now and then, and will most likely flicker, do a bit dim, and then go out. It's pretty annoying, and I do not have the problems listed in the FAQ.

At this point, I have disconnected it! The only thing on there, that I do not have a gauge for is the exhaust overheat.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is there any real ramafication of just disconnecting them?

2. If I wanted to monitor the exhaust overheat condition, is there an aftermarket part to do that?

3. Any chance that the warning panel is just plain junk?

"All my warning lights are on
It is normal for all the lights to come on, if the key is on, and the engine is not running, but they should turn of when the engine is running.
With the engine running the Alternator failure warning circuit in the CPU will switch the lights on when the voltage in the car drops under 12 volts. Either your alternator, belts, underhood fuse box connections may have failed. The voltage in the car and the voltmeter on the dash (only in non-turbo models) needs to be above 12.6 volts. If it is below 12.6 volts your alt is not producing enough power to run the car.
You also need it to stay at or above 13.6 volts to charge the battery[/COLOR]."
triumph71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
triumph71

Nothing? I was hoping for a little direction.
triumph71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #3

black rocket
Full Access Member

First, we are all aware of the fact that Mazda have used substandard electrical componnts, and now, the very same car is 20+ years older.

We are not just troubleshooting a newer vehicles, here.

I have been in constant renovation of its original wiring, connectors, sensors (ohming to see its proper functions). Whenever I get to any connectors I go over with contact cleaner for a proper connection, etc.

Once I was installing a white inst cluster backing, I went ahead and checked wiring, connection and replaced light bulbs. I came to the connector right in the back of instrument panel. Removed that with difficulty found corrosion. Cleaned as best of my ability and finished off with, once again contact cleaners.

The reason I brought up the discovery of terribly corroded connectors behind inst panel is because connections for issues that you're experiencing are all behind it. Especially when you notice dimm and flickers, means poor connection somehow somewhere.

Ck that & see. As most ppl's approach to repair just get to whatever. The cause and seems like they wait 'til something else happns to dig deeper into FC Abysse.

Let us know what you find!

Old 04-03-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
charltom

Try removing the warning lights, headlight/wiper switches and cpu. Then resolder all the points in them.
charltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #5

carid
Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by hunt View Post
good job guys, thanks for the useful information!
Typical spammer...hey admins, can't you see the spammy link in the signature? Why do you ignore these spam messages and alerts? No wonder this forum doesn't get any visitors...

Mazda RX-7 http://www.carid.com/mazda-rx-7-accessories/

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
carid is offline   Reply With Quote