Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Members Area > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here. Let eveyone know where you're from.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:47 AM   #41

Shaggy
Administrator

Holly shit.....Martin is alive...

Old 04-27-2004, 03:10 AM   #42
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to AusTexRex
Originally Posted by 2ROTORMOTOR
How did you get them to run stock duty cycle ??? low or high imp.?? Its gunna take more than injectors and s5 turbo to get you in the 300hp range. Trust me with small street port, front mount, boosting 8psi on a
62-1 turbo I got 297 it took me 10 psi to make 318 hp. 10psi on a 62-1 turbo is like 20 on a s5 turbo. but foget about gettin close to 300 on the stock intercooler.. your first run might be like 250 and then 230 and it keeps going down.
They are running stock duty cycle through the use of high and low impedence resistors depending on primary or secondary.
Naturall I understand that a computer, larger injectors, and an s5 turbo will hit the 400 mark. My first post was a quick "letter of intent" shall we say. Here's the plan:
To reach 400 I'm going to need at much bigger injectors this I know. computer will take care of this as well as many other things.
Porting manifolds
3" exhaust
s5 Turbo will be sent off to BNR for the stage 4 turbo modifications where most of the power will be coming from
front mount with a reverse hood scoop to get better airflow
V mount the FMIC and radiator.
switch to an E-Fan when I need the extra space.
Cold Air Intake
That's just the basic idea, keep pushing more air and fuel in there until I reach 400. If it takes more than that so be it. I've got the time.

I have a saving for my rebuild right now. Looking at high compression low weight rotors with a bridge port on the engine. Bridge port is going to be professionally done the rest of it I am going to rebuild myself.
AusTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:16 AM   #43

Shaggy
Administrator

Hey Aus...how much is this all going to cost you??

Old 04-27-2004, 05:18 PM   #44
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Shaggy
Hey Aus...how much is this all going to cost you??
My first born child.

All of the peripheral parts and support parts including suspension, wheels, and exterior stuff is going to end up running me a good 6-8 grand depending on how much of it I don't fuck up on the first time around. The computer stuff I need someone to help me with so it may end up costing more.
The engine on the otherhand... the new rotors and bridge port. I might end up needing a new housing in which case I might not even stick with the 13BT. But the engines makeover will cost upwards of 4k
This is all going to take me a few years and a lot of money.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:26 PM   #45

Shaggy
Administrator

Now what car are you doing all this stuff on...the one in your avatar?

Old 04-28-2004, 03:00 AM   #46
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to 2ROTORMOTOR Send a message via MSN to 2ROTORMOTOR
I dont know if you want to use highcomp rotors with boost but w.e its up to you.... trust me on a stock engine is not that easy to get to 400 hp or many people wouldve done it by now.. I gave you my example with the mods and numbers that I was able to get... O and about the computer, the best investment you could get is a stand alone with the preassembled harness, it will save you alot of time.. and the stock turbo pisses me off. instead of upgrading buy a bigger turbo with ext wga. more fuel and air is the idea to make power, but its not that simple on a stock motor. so im assuming that you are planning the 400hp for the rebuilt engine. But anyways good luck

Old 04-28-2004, 03:27 AM   #47
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by 2ROTORMOTOR
I dont know if you want to use highcomp rotors with boost but w.e its up to you.... trust me on a stock engine is not that easy to get to 400 hp or many people wouldve done it by now.. I gave you my example with the mods and numbers that I was able to get... O and about the computer, the best investment you could get is a stand alone with the preassembled harness, it will save you alot of time.. and the stock turbo pisses me off. instead of upgrading buy a bigger turbo with ext wga. more fuel and air is the idea to make power, but its not that simple on a stock motor. so im assuming that you are planning the 400hp for the rebuilt engine. But anyways good luck
Correct you are on the engine, and thank you for your input. The BNR Stage 4's numbers are impressive enough for me right now. But we'll see. There's a lot to be done and trouble shot as I go along.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:15 AM   #48

Shaggy
Administrator

So what car are you doing all that shit too?

Old 04-29-2004, 04:07 AM   #49
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

87 TII If I end up graduating college before I'm done I'll probably sell it and start working on an FD. It all depends on a few factors
Old 04-29-2004, 05:40 AM   #50
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to 2ROTORMOTOR Send a message via MSN to 2ROTORMOTOR
thats cool.... cant wait till I get my engine...can enyone say RE!!!