Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > Other Rotary Powered

Other Rotary Powered Other rotary powered vehicles.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
miatamike

Default my 13B turbo miata
Let me introduce my self my name is mike im from CT and here is my ride, well one of them.

So last year i bought a 13b turbo miata, when i bought it the car was not running turns out there was some wiring needing to be fixed so i got that all finished. Then i took the car to a guy who know how to tune microtech ecus. He got the car starting and running great but the clutch started to slip on the dyno at 225whp and 180wtq 6PSI.

After that happen i drove the car around for a day until i heard a noise from the motor. So i call my guy up who had tuned it and he said it sounds like the rotor bearings. So i got the car home and pulled the motor out and apart. Turns out the guy who owned the car before me didnt know the right way to remove the crank pulley. So the thrust bearings dropped and ended up sending metal all over the motor. Thank fully i premix my gas so my housing are in great shape so they will be used on a build later on.

So i found a used motor that looked to have some life left in it so i took it home. I swapped over the parts needed off the old motor and got the new motor in. It started right up with a vac of -18.

Here is a list of everything i have s4 13b turbo motor, 1 gen front cover, 1gen water pump, ITB's, racing beat intake manifold, mazda trix crank pulley, RC650cc primaries, ID1000cc secondaries, custom turbo manifold, hks wastegate, HTA3582R T4 divided 1.00A/R housing, custom turbo back 2.5" exhaust, MDS blaster SS coils, Microtech LT10S with upgraded map & rpm table, Light weight flywheel, clutchmasters fx500, modified 84 NA rx7 trans with miata tail hosing to be able to use factory mounts, and Torsen swap rear diff.

Things im still working on, Bigger radiator, 86-92 turbo trans, and 3" turbo back.

My goals for the car is to make 400-500whp I plan to use it as a sunday car and track day car with a few 1/4mile trips.

Any info you guys could also give me on what i might need to reach my goals would be great.

So let me know what you guys think of the car and here are some pics. These pics show my old up pipe and downpipe, Im working on a new up pipe and 3"downpipe.

[/QUOTE]

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BinKzndp378

Old 01-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #2
miatamike

Also if anyone has a TII trans for sale let me know i would post this in the for sale section but i cant yet.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #3

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

1st off welcome to the forums & nice car. May I ask who did the tune? I know that Dave at KDR is good with the Microtech, he is in Penn. Looks to be a good swap & the build list is great.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #4

black rocket
Full Access Member

I like it! It's so tasteully done. Welcome Mike!

Old 05-19-2011, 04:03 AM   #5
vincesilva

Nice car man.. I guess your dreams on upgrading that car would be possible if you start right now.. I was just wondering, what auto parts upgrade did your car had?
vincesilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #6

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Hey man the OP gave a run down of parts used in his project in the 1st post.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #7

jm1fb33

cool,,,,,,,,,must be super fun to drive