Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 3rd Generation

3rd Generation 1993-Current Discussion

Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Imperium612

Default New to the FD, worth buying this E-FD3S? Help!
Ok boys, got something to ask. Need your opinions as FD owners. I'm in the US Army and am currently stationed in Germany. I have my precious Rx8 that I'm keeping in storage back home (The thought of having it over here in the snow and a few other reasons just discouraged me from bringing it) but I have been seeing a few FD's over here and while the Rx8 is my dream car, the FD is my unicorn, I have always wanted one.

Well I found a E-FD3S parked behind our barracks on jacks one day, looked as though it had been in a fender bender. I found the guy who bought it and hes having to sell it even though hes been putting it together. It was in a accident (The pics show it on jacks which is why its canted) old owner slid on ice and hit a tree at like 20kmph, the only frame like damage is the head light bracket but he already had the rest checked out. He wasnt going to fix it in time to get it inspected to take back to the states, so he sold it to the guy that has it now.

When I asked what he has done to it, he said this. "Needs the intercooler rerouted because of the new radiator I installed which is bigger cause the old stock one was busted and like an inch thick so the new one is like 2.5 inches thick. I got new headlights the ones that are stationary cause the flip up lights were fucked up and you can shave like 30 pounds with the new lights cause there is no huge motor on each side to flip the lights. I got a air separator delete The old small radiator couldn't handle the heat from the engine so the car had a air separation tank but with the new radiator you don't need it. Got the hood and side fenders that need to be smoothed out and painted and the bumper has a dent in it that needs to be popped out and where the left side head light bracket is needs to be pulled out."

I dont know jack about the '7 nor turbos. When I asked about engine or drive train damage, the guy said "I ran it a couple times with the old radiator I had the hole plugged on it so I could run it. It didn't smoke and ran good the turbo timer needs to be adjusted it shuts off after like 10 seconds but other than that it's good didn't smoke smooth threw all rmps but I only took it to 4500 to hear the blitz blow off valve"

(Btw, I just copy pasted all of his convo.. not the kind of grammer I would use lol)

So since he has to sell it, he offered it to me before anyone, but I wanted to check with you guys for opinions if it is worth buying. He wants $3500. Also comes with a extra set of tires.

Like I said, I dont know jack about 7's or turbos so I dont know what to check for or even where to start with this thing yet to figure out if I really want to buy it... well ok yea.. I really want to buy it, but how bad am I getting myself in?
Imperium612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
boricua_love1981

I would get it fix it up and ship it to the us
boricua_love1981 is offline   Reply With Quote