Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 06-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
CJAutodesign

Arrow Newbie to the forum, Veteran to the FC, light kit proposal
I am a member of the rx7club.com forum, and it was suggested to me to open an account here due to the great members. here is my post on rx7club.com:

Hey all, I have dreamed of a simple bolt in kit for the FC that has not cutting required for some time now.... you feel me? As i am sure there are MANY of us if not all of us on here also interested in such a divine gift from the rotary heavens, i decided to put some effort, money and time into a creative project. It turned out to be more than just an interest for me so i then decided to find out how to manufacture such a kit. I am almost done with it, and wanted to know just how many people would be interested in a group buy.

I have kept the following things in mind and made them top priority in this kit:

1. Affordability. In these times i realised i couldnt have this over most average rotary owners budgets. So i spent months sourcing out materials, pricing and hardware.

There will be 2 different kits, with the option to upgrade or have different custom things done in addition. The 2 kits will be the same price, just vary in cosmetics and
the lights themselves.

2. Ease of installation. ths kit will be a literal "DROP IN" replacement for the stocke FC pop ups. it will literally take you 1 to 2 hours maximum to install including removal of the stock headlamps. there will be NO cutting! ill repeat that ZERO cutting of the frame or of any kind will be required. I spent alot of time figuring out how to make it fit with out cutting. i think this is one of the top 3 most important points for this kit.

3. Cosmetics. This kit had to fit the FC, flow with the lines, and also be a show stopper. The kit will sell itself. I can't wait to get pictures up in the next few days.

4. Materials. I have always worked with fiberglass, but really wanted to do something cleaner, more rigid, and with less hassle. I am going to be having these made from formed ABS. The cost is about the same, there is less time involved so i will be able to get these out with a fast turn around time.

5. Functionality. The lighting of course is the most important. I will be using Ecode lenses and there will be a high and low beam. and the BEST part is this will come with a bulletproof harness that plugs into your stock wiring!!!! no cutting soldering, splicing.....There will also be a halo option..

6. Incentives. I want to sell ALOT of these. I will be setting up different levels of discounts and incentives to those willing to spread the word, get people on board for the group buy, and sport my stickers. I am having a go at this and want to start it right from the beginning of this kit. I will be offering 3 kits for FREE to moderators and or a few honorable members here, that others trust to do a proper review of the kit. I am very confident in it and i know ill need some feedback first. Also: if you live in Utah, you can come see it in person, and we can even do a test fit to your car.

Pricing. I know it will be hard to go off of without pics yet, but after going over this with different investors this is what we came up with:

Retail price will be $649. Tis is what these will sell for on Websites, in stores and locally.
Group buy price level 1: $550. this is if we get 20 people to purchase the kit. We will make it simple. I agree to have these ready to go when 20 people have commited and sent funds via paypal, or however they see fit.

Group buy price level 2: $499. this is if we get 40 people to purchase the kit. here is the cool part: If you buy the kit but the group buy hts the next price drop, i'll
send you the difference for the first time it changes levels. can't beat that!

Group buy price level 3: $419. This one is a BIG jump. But i am serious about selling a ton of these. This will require 75 people on board to buy the kit. If you bought a kit
in the level 2, then once 35 more people from the forum buy the kit, you will get $80 back!

SO: whos interested? Lets start a list. I will have pics up hopefully by this weekend.

here is my contact info:
CJ Autodesign
[email protected]
I am based in River Heights, Utah
website coming soon....
Old 06-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
turboII4life

THanks for stopin' in!!

But.....I gotta say I love my pop-ups.....Thanks for the offer though. I'm sure you will find many people interested.

When can we see some pics???