Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Members Area > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here. Let eveyone know where you're from.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
Nelkel

Default First time rotary owner - Series 7 FD3S
Hi All,

I've always had a love for the FD and have been wanting to own one for as long as I can remember. early 2013 I had the opportunity to import either an R32 GTR or an FD, both topping my list of all time favourite JDM cars. I put all emotions aside and wen't with my gut feel and purchased the GTR as I knew the prices were going to sky rocket.

Last month I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase an FD, these cars are extremely rare in my country (South Africa) and are somewhat of a unicorn. I started my auction process with a well known exporter in Japan, looking for a low milage series 8 with average exterior. After losing many bids and becoming rather despondent I dropped my standards and price. I landed up winning a 1997 Mazda RX7 Series 7 Touring X model. It does need a bit of work and will become my new project car a long side my GTR. As soon as it arrives, I will be doing a major clean up and overhaul. I will then be working on the gearbox and a few other minor changes.

I currently run a youtube channel called NELKELGTRVLOGS which documents my projects on my R32 GTR and a bit of random JDM goodness thrown into the mix. I will be filming my entire journey with the newly acquired beast from collection at the shipping yard, the first drive home and of course run a project series.

If anyone is interested I've recorded the facetime conversation and video I had with the exporter and him showing me my vehicle for the first time.

Here it is all from the beginning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IifrJ6fOSRk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n19g3UHijY
Nelkel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1997 rx7