Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
laneta

Question Removing flywheel that has come loose?...
Newbie to this forum...I got a naturally aspirated 87. the last time a local mechanic changed my clutch he confessed he didnt know how take the flywheel out to re-surface it. he told me this after he had done the job.... I guess getting the cheapest price was a bad idea after all. Anyway after driving it for about 4 months, starter gave out, push started it with the starter on which is how (i'm almost certain) my flywheel came loose. Oh and its definitely loose and dangleling around, i've already moved it with my finger through the small factory hole at the bottom of the tranny.

SO i've looked at a factory service manual and it only gives instruction on how to remove, re-surface and install the flywheel thats where its supposed to be, (attached)...
Anyone know how would I be able to remove a flywheel that has come loose?

thanks
laneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #2

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

What? Okay I'm going to say pull the tranny remove the clutch & pressure plate. There it is the flywheel remove the flywheel nut & it's off. If it's loose then I would go back to the shop where the work was done, because that idiot loosened it.

Last edited by BoostedFC; 02-13-2011 at 09:38 AM.
BoostedFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Sonik11
Junior Mod

im sorry to hear about that, i hate mechanics that cut corners or take on jobs that they cant actually do, like BoostedFC said, take it back and tell them to do it right or give them the bill from a shop that can do it

keep us posted and i hope you can get your car back up and running soon
Sonik11 is offline   Reply With Quote